Chore assignments.

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Chore assignments.

Postby Kyle » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:18 pm

What chores in your house do you not assign to your kids? For instance, I'm thinking of taking loading and unloading the dishwasher away from the kids and just doing it myself because they only ever half load it and we get way behind.

I also don't let them change the air filter for the HVAC. Pretty much everything else, we make them do.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Chore assignments.

Postby Phoebe » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:27 am

There are two rooms of the house we try to keep nice where I just don't want kids doing anything besides sitting quietly. So no chores there. We also don't let them mow or use other sharp or dangerous machinery, surprisingly not because I'm too anxious, but because two are too young and there are reasons why that's more dangerous for #1. For similar reasons don't want them using the shop vac or carpet steamers.
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:07 am

Turkish helps out with whatever needs to be done but she doesn't have assigned chores. For example, if the dishes need to be done and Paul works overtime and I have a crap-ton of homework, she does them. Whomever notices that the compost bucket is full takes it out, and the first person to push garbage down to fit more in the bag changes it. But really it's just the three of us so, comparatively, there's not a whole lot to do.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:54 am

Which one of the three people in the house can currently physically accomplish the task, and won't completely fuck it up (ala me and anything requiring mechanical/power tools....never, ever let that happen). We're all a goddamn physical trainwreck.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"

Return to “Nerd Talk”