[New Podcast Idea] Ask Dr. Medula!

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

[New Podcast Idea] Ask Dr. Medula!

Postby Kyle » Sat May 20, 2017 4:43 pm

I'd be willing to work with someone on this if anyone's interested. The idea is simple: Dr. Medula is the resident "Reid Richards" brainiac of his superhero world. Now in retirement, he found himself unable to just stay home and garden, so he started a new call/write-in advice radio show: Ask Dr. Medula! He'd have at least one sidekick: his producer who scrambles to get callers on and provides a "behind the scenes" voice. If two sidekicks, then he's have an on-air foil- the raunchy, irreverent co-host.

Each week different people call in with their problems and Dr. Medula tries very earnestly to answer their questions and to give them advice. Actual questions from actual listeners can be included in future episodes.

30 minutes; Weekly.
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [New Podcast Idea] Ask Dr. Medula!

Postby Iantha » Mon May 22, 2017 5:43 pm

Possibly interested.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon May 22, 2017 5:57 pm

Anyone else? This could be a lot of fun- and if we found a way to do it, we could have people actually "Call in" as characters. The whole thing would be improv with pre-written questions only as much as necessary- but all answers are ad-libbed.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon May 22, 2017 6:19 pm

I can call in or record questions or write stuff. Probably can't co-host.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed May 24, 2017 9:24 am

I think what I'll mostly need help with (actually WANT help is a better way to say it) is with people coming up with questions from listeners. I'll probably get a free voicemail line and an email address. Dr. Medula actually lives on Earth Delta and our world is Earth Alpha, but because he's a technological genius, he's found a way to broadcast the show to both Earths (and the Void Dimension, but there's no conscious entities there). So listener questions and callers can either be from reality or from the superhero-laden Earth Delta.

Also, for simplicity's sake, I'm probably going to just have the occasional guest host, which will be one of my kids, posing as superheroes of their choosing.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed May 24, 2017 9:55 am

My other goal for this podcast is that the world is built between the hosts and the listeners as the show goes on. So if a listener writes in as a denizen of Earth Delta, and they state facts about that world that don't contradict previously stated facts- then those are now established truths about the world.

Return to “Nerd Talk”