Fake News

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fake News

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 16, 2017 2:41 pm

Cannot even describe how nauseating it is to see the fascist propaganda machine exploiting parents whose child was murdered, in order to deflect all the news about Russia/leaks. All the right wing outlets have been reporting that a PI hired by the parents of Seth Rich has evidence he was the leaker of DNC emails, and therefore it wasn't Russia, and therefore TrumpRussia is nothing but liberal hysteria, and moreover Democrats under their leader "Killary" are a bunch of heartless murderers. It's actually sickening. I know why paid trolls and neonazis and Russians post this stuff; I don't get why other news outlets or individual Republicans would do it. The "investigator" was hired by some other guy, not the family, for his own unknown motives. He offered his services to the family, but obviously they aren't working in concert because, among other things, they have different facts about the whereabouts of the victim's computers. How can people capitalize on this family's grief for political gain? What kind of person do you have to be? This isn't hard stuff to figure out. This requires no deep knowledge or trust. Just a smidge of basic decency.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Re: Fake News

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Ah, and now it turns out the family has had to disavow these reports, of which they had heard nothing until the fake news machine revved up again on this tragic subject. How incredibly sad. All so people can worship Mammon and Moloch uninhibited. Facebook literally sickens me at this point, so very sorry I ever decided to use it.

Return to “Nerd Talk”