What's your podcast?

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Mike
Boy of Summer

What's your podcast?

Postby Mike » Wed May 10, 2017 10:05 am

On episode 184, I created podcasts for a few people off the top of my head based on superficial information about them. But now it's on you guys. If you were going to create your own podcast, what would it be?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What's your podcast?

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 10, 2017 10:59 am

I love your podcast list! We need all those. Stan should give us a podcast on something like "world building" for games. Or politics.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 10, 2017 11:13 am

I want to have the podcast version of a Gladys Taber book. If anyone here likes Gladys Taber, let me know immediately.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed May 10, 2017 11:23 am

As I listened back, that's exactly what I thought about for Stan in retrospect. I realized that his interests, gaming-wise, are similar to mine, so all I had to do was come up with a gaming podcast that I'd like to do, and then just project that onto him.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 10, 2017 11:33 am

Although if personal interests can come into play, I will pay cash for Stan to make a podcast about how awesome it is to cook and do dishes and laundry. It will be called "Being a Mensch". Stan, think about this.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed May 10, 2017 11:39 am

For reference, these were my ideas. I expect you all can do better, but I would still voraciously consume any of these:

Dave -- a show where he brings on musicians and they just sit in his apartment and drink and talk. Maybe have some gimmicks to steer conversations to nerdier topics, but mostly just talk.
Nelly -- a pocast about nerd conventions. Like Nelly's Nerdy Adventures, but in pure audio format. Talking about con experiences. Talking to con organizers. Talking to con participants about their experiences and stuff they're looking forward to.
SarahBeth -- a podcast that features cosplayers and other people into costumes talking about the properties and activities that inspire them. If people actually dress up to be on this purely audio show, that makes it even better.
Zen -- Zen the Magical Anime Girl; talking about all things anime, from the perspective of a middle-aged white midwesterner who is amazingly passionate on the subject.
Pat -- nerd trivia, along the lines of Um Actually from CollegeHumor. For what it's worth, you could repackage this idea and just use it as a minigame type thing or a between rounds type thing on Me.Like.Trivia.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Fri May 12, 2017 3:46 pm

I'm actually in the planning stages of another podcast. And it's not nerd trivia - though your explanation on the boards does make it sound like something I'd do. I'd like to say more, but I want to keep this egg in the nest at the moment.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri May 12, 2017 4:24 pm

I'm so excited already.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Fri May 12, 2017 7:29 pm

I have neither the rig or the technical know-ho to do a podcast. I've long wanted to do a "fix-it" podcast for gaming. User-generated questions or content with game group related problems to solve among a panel of two to four. Sort of a Loveline format for gaming and campaigns, but you know...not shitty or with anybody like Dr. Drew.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri May 12, 2017 7:34 pm

I've actually got an idea for a video show percolating in the back of my head. But as far as a podcasting is concerned, I'd be thrilled to steal... Use... Use your idea, Mike. Marc Maron already kind of does it though and he's got cache.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri May 12, 2017 7:35 pm

"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Fri May 12, 2017 7:48 pm

It's stolen directly from some of the successful local sports talk shows. They do a Great Birds debate each year, featuring the local loudmouths of the sports talk station. And somehow, they manage to turn out a legitimately interesting debate every year. Part of it is the mixing of the various viewpoints and styles to address the same proficiencies and deficiencies. It'd be all about the hosts on this one.

Like most things, I'm too broke, socially awkward, and cowardly to ever do anything with it, especially lacking the rest of the needed line up.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Fri May 12, 2017 7:56 pm

And now, due to the Book of Faces, and seeing just how much we're both in hivemind on this one...

I really want to do a podcast covering lip synch battles, alongside my co-host, Mike Jones.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Fri May 12, 2017 8:12 pm

MIKE! GET JEFE ON JOOR CASTING OF THE PODS!
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri May 12, 2017 8:52 pm

I would listen twice!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat May 13, 2017 8:10 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat May 13, 2017 8:24 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat May 13, 2017 8:30 pm

Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sat May 13, 2017 9:56 pm

"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Sun May 14, 2017 11:02 am

Ya know how some people have a face for radio? I also have a voice for blogging. I've thought about doing a blog but issues have killed my time and energy. Topics I've thought of:

rpg homebrew
novelty song lyrics
impromptu interviews - interview a (nonfamous or semi-famous) stranger on their job, life, and such.
sarcastic commentary
cooking for people with no skills

You've seen drunk history? I think Dave would be great at drinking with musicians. They can discuss famous musicians and then either try to play some of that musician's stuff or improv something in the same vein.

ForJeff, I see Nerds with Bad Ideas. Somebody (preferably someone semi-stable to unstable) has a bad idea that they think is great - that person would be a guest on the show. It could be gaming related, relationship changes, job changes, or whatever. Imagine, someone wants to leave their spouse so they can make a radio broadcast of Batman and Iron Man as a buddy cop show with a romantic subtext. Jeff has to decide to Prop It or Drop It, either trying to improve it or talk the person out of it.

edit: For Dave, they are drinking wine so they can also discuss it. Name could be Complex Notes or Off Notes or some wordplay on notes.

For Zen, an advice column. The angle is that it's not necessarily good advice. It's what would happen in that situation if you were a character in an anime. Zen could either pick the subgenre or always go with a version of romantic anime/manga. Title could be something along the lines of Just for Shoujo.

Return to “Nerd Talk”