Ethics in Heroes of the Storm

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ethics in Heroes of the Storm

Postby WillyGilligan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:34 pm

So I was just playing a random brawl on Heroes of the Storm and I ended up with Leoric. If you don't know, when Leoric dies he doesn't go back to start like everyone else. He hangs around as a ghost until he heals back to life. He's fairly useless as a ghost, except that he's great for lane pushing. At least the way I use him. So the rest of the team is moving back and forth fighting the other team, and I keep moving the fight forward, doing seige damage to towers and minions. As I see it, my job in this is to pull the other team's focus away from our lines and to move the match to it's conclusion.

However, I seem to have been reported for "feeding" which is not a term I was familiar with. Looking it up, it seems mostly centered around players not really contributing to the fight, but just moving ahead to the goal and screwing it up for everyone else. If any of you play this, was I doing something wrong? My aging brain is barely keeping up with this crap as it is, I don't really have time to stay on top of all the ways I'm playing wrong.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Ethics in Heroes of the Storm

Postby Mike » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:28 am

I am of no use to you, but I am passing along the question to my oldest son who may or may not know.

Either way, I'm very interested in people's answers/explanations here.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:13 am

I'm not going to be a help. I stay away from MMORPGs for some of this exact reason. I've watched my son play, and he's constantly getting upset because other players are pissing in the pool for everyone else, either by being jerks who need to be reported, or by falsely reporting other people for stuff that shouldn't be reportable. I don't find that to be any fun, so I'll stick with my single-player games, thank you very much.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:20 pm

The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
salvation122
Infrared Drone

Postby salvation122 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:18 pm

"Feeding" means someone thought you were intentionally throwing the match.

Return to “Nerd Talk”