[Movie] Nocturnal Animals

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

[Movie] Nocturnal Animals

Postby Kyle » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:50 pm

Holy shit. This was such a good movie. Why was this not nominated for everything. Several points:

Amy Adams is amazing. Arrival and this movie in a year? What the fuck.

Jake Gyllanhall is quickly becoming the greatest lead man character actor of our generation. If that doesn't make sense to you, then watch this movie and Nightcrawler back to back and you'll get it.

Michael Shannon is a fucking national treasure. This guy plays subtle menace better than anyone and he steals every fucking movie he is in.

The only flaw with this movie was Armie Hammer- everyone else is giving a master class in acting, and he looks like he's just reading lines. He's a decent actor and I usually like him, but he was out of place in this move and not up to the caliber of every other performance.

What an impressive sophomore outing for Tom Ford. If you didn't know, you'd think this guy has two dozen movies under his belt.

NOW- if anyone else has seen it, let's talk spoilers.

IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT- Stop now and go watch it. So fucking good.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [Movie] Nocturnal Animals

Postby Phoebe » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:22 pm

I love Amy Adams so I really would like to see this - it's not on Netflix, is it maybe on Amazon? I will check sometime.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: [Movie] Nocturnal Animals

Postby Kyle » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:36 am

You should and then we can talk about it? I rented it from Redbox- I don't think it's streaming free anywhere yet.

Return to “Nerd Talk”