What apps are you loving?

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What apps are you loving?

Postby Elle » Tue May 03, 2016 9:19 am

Just heard on the radio that The Rock has a free no-ads alarm clock app. Trying it tomorrow. I'm worried I will sleep through it but have backup.

I also looooove CamScanner and Mastermind Touch by Filon.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Re: What apps are you loving?

Postby TheMaster » Tue May 03, 2016 9:27 am

Google Drive. It is the one I use most often. (Other than Clash Royal, but that is a game and probably not what you are looking for) Also, all of the Learn (Insert what you are learning here) apps are pretty great. I have Learn HTML and Learn C++

That is the link to the HTML app, and all of the other apps they offer are to the left (Hopefully, lol)
Citizens of Earth, rejoice. Your Lord and Master stands on high.
Reika
Pastry Artisan

Postby Reika » Tue May 03, 2016 11:36 am

Besides Google Drive, Office Suite Pro on my tablet that let's me work on my writing while on the go. It's compatible with MS Office, so I can just load up documents on my desktop when I'm at home and pick up where I left off.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue May 03, 2016 1:37 pm

Have to look for a learn Cisco a little later.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Tue May 03, 2016 3:36 pm

I should get those Learn apps for my kid. What I want to learn at the moment is how to oil paint, which I don't really know - only a vague grasp. But I need to learn to do oil painting so that when I'm old and can barely move and can't play cello or whatever, I have something encouraging me to move a little.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Thu May 05, 2016 11:47 am

A labmate just recommended Vivino for me and I really like it so far, it's an app for wine lovers. Helps me keep track of my wine and wine tastings, I still have a wine notebook, but I'm really enjoying this, plus then I can see what other people think of the wine I'm eyeing.
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Tue May 10, 2016 10:55 am

I like weather bug because it offers weather basics without too much extraneous annoyance, and it has a cool lightning strike feature, handy when you're out and about and wonder if you shouldn't be for much longer. However, I really need a weather radar app of some sort, if anyone knows of a good one. Weatherbug has radar but it takes 15 minutes to update and by then my car is hailed on or my roof is gone or whatever. I need a fairly quick-refresh radar, in other words. Any ideas?

I also want a really good To-Do-list type app, with notes. I try Google Keep but it really works better for "keeping" than organizing, imo. I need something that handles multiple To-Do lists all at once, with easy revision and updating.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Wed May 18, 2016 9:35 am

ALPACA WORLD

My kid did this to me because she learned of it from her friends. I dislike the fact the real life money can be used to buy things in the app, which is usually a deal breaker for me. I would never buy this junk, first, but in theory I assume they would steal my credit card info and sell it to Russian gangs. But, my ALPACA herd is unimaginably fine. It is led by a black alpaca names Hecate with giant Antlers who runs around in a fog of black SNOWFLAKES. Fear the witch, alpacas!
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed May 18, 2016 12:53 pm

tiny tower
pocket trains
pocket planes

The Ticket to Ride board game app version is great too. you can play other people via bluetooth as well.

Sky view if fun to use when star gazing

Photosynth is my favorite for making panoramic pictures.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed May 18, 2016 12:54 pm

BEst one lately is OVERCAST...it is quickly replacing the Apple podcast app for me
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지

Return to “Nerd Talk”