Trump

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Re: Trump

Postby poorpete » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:20 pm

FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby FlameBlade » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:48 pm

Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:58 pm

True.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Stan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:01 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:18 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:45 am

According to Gallup's daily tracking poll, Trump is now as unpopular as George W. Bush was when he left office. He's at his lowest approval rating yet, at 34%, with a 61% disapproval rating. And they even said it is probably too early to tell if the terrorist attack response has had an impact on his approval.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:25 am

Reel on a repeating loop
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:04 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:47 pm

Lord help us what was that today.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:27 pm

He's feels bad that he was forced to apologize, so now he's openly siding with the fascists. Or more openly.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:30 pm

It's encouraging that this seems have been beyond the pale for many gop politicians who immediately condemned the president.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:34 pm

Impeach him immediately.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:32 am

Have you seen the photos of Mattis's reaction during that presser? Oh, to be a fly on the wall during his discussion with Trump afterwards. I'm waiting for the announcement of his resignation...
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:06 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:11 am

The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:17 am

El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:02 pm

The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:37 am

Wow, Tuesday's events have really drawn out some crazy that normally remains a bit more hidden! Learning experiences all around. I guess the one thing that still puzzles me every time when stuff like this comes up is, how did these people get to be so incredibly insecure about being white? Maybe there were formative experiences, serious experiences, I don't know. I live in a different world, that's for sure. I cannot begin to grasp that kind of anxiety about being white in America.

I think Trump is just babbling to distract everyone from his problems thanks to Mueller's investigation. And for sure he's one of those people, for sure. He was the white nationalist candidate from day 1! It's the whole basis of his campaign. Every day. It's not like any of this should be a surprise. Suddenly everyone is freaking out, like this was the first they'd heard of it. He's been here saying this kind of thing all along, encouraging racial violence, attacks on journalists, you name it. Birther in chief. I mean, did Paul Ryan just get some new insight this week?
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:16 pm

Bannon's gone!
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:36 pm

Return to “Nerd Talk”