MMO Snake

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: MMO Snake

Postby Ronster » Mon May 16, 2016 1:51 pm

I will stop posting about this now that I finally made it to the top.

I used the name Nidhoggr from Norse mythology...took all my time at breaks and lunch to finally do it
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed May 25, 2016 9:45 pm

Aw snap! Got into a server where someone had a bot creating wave after wave of little red snakes. They just kept coming. All of them were on mindless straight line paths. All you had to do was wander back and forth and eat them as they crashed into you. I died accidentally at around 5000, but it was so cool until then.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cazmonster » Thu May 26, 2016 1:38 am

I do like the new skins - like the orange one with the little banner and the green one with a single huge eye.

Fun stuff.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:42 am

So I'm talking to Chloe, who is 9. She's going on and on about how when she looks her best she feels her best and then does her best. For her, this means bright colors and nail polish. For Buffy, this means wearing black and green and NO nail polish. So you know, different things for different people. And sometimes you can even have things like rainbow and glitter to look and feel your best.

For instance, when I play my snake game, Mom, it's so cool because sometimes I play a rainbow snake and the snake gets really, really big and it looks AWESOME!

Mom: (I ponder this.) Hmmm. What is that "snake game" you play on your tablet, anyway? What is that called?

Chloe: Oh, SLITHERIO? Yeah, I used to play Agario but now I play Slitherio. I always win.

Mom: What do you mean, you always win?

Chloe: Oh like, when Charlene was playing with me and I slithered her to OBLIVION!

Mom: Oh, okay, you just play with Charlene or whoever.

Chloe: Yeah, and there are like, HUNDREDS of people playing. Last time I won there were 536 people! Sometimes it's more. But that's great because you can eat the other snakes and then your rainbow gets bigger and bigger and bigger! It's the BEST! And your snake is just all over with bright rainbow colors everywhere, and that makes me happy.

Mom: Okay, so, uh... wait now, can you see people's names, like the name of their snake, on the leaderboard?

Chloe: Yeah, sure.

Mom: So what is YOUR name on there, pray tell?

Chloe: Well, you know how my tablet will just let you make words without having to type it all in? So you just put in some letters and then it just MAKES a WORD?! That's what I do! I press something like 'a' and then another letter and see what I get.

Mom: Okay, so, is anyone named NPR on there?

Chloe: Oh yeah, sure, I've seen that one.

Mom: I played this game once and died after like ten seconds. Then I played it again and died after like twelve seconds.

Chloe: [Hysterical laughter.]

[And this is like what I tell my husband: when you play Castle Clash, it is some 4 year old in Seattle you're competing against. My guess is they have a leg up in Slitherio because they have short fingers and such. Faster fingers.]
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:46 am

Yes, I also found out my 12yo son plays this game on his iPad.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"

Return to “Nerd Talk”