GenCon 2017

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: GenCon 2017

Postby Mike » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:51 pm

FYI... if everything pans out on my end, it will be me plus two sons plus a friend plus Dave all rolling together in the mini van. If it is only you, we honestly will pick you up at your mom's place. Gas split that many ways is nothing.

Seeing Barb would be so awesome though.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cazmonster » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:15 pm

She wants to see everybody too. This is the life when you've got strong-willed high-functioning autistic kids.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:30 am

I doubt I'll get to go to GenCon 2017. :(

We'll be going out to the Seattle area for about 2 weeks next summer to visit friends and get middle daughter's senior pictures taken. With work and swim team schedules, about the only time we'll get to do that will be in August. So we'll either be out in Seattle at GenCon time, or just returning from 2 weeks in Seattle (and I cannot take 3 weeks of vacation).
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:41 am

Someday.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:17 am

Team 2018
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:13 am

Playing thread necromancer because...badges go on sale January 29th!

I'm also looking at T-shirt designs

Right now I'm thinking not white as per Mike's request. (Let me know if anyone has a strong color preference) with the NPR Logo on the left breast, as last year with the members name (screen name or real name) on the right sleeve. GenCon 2017 on the left sleeve

On the back I'm thinking the picture of R2 in his fully pimped out pod-o-matic bubble from Mike's facebook with the word "Pimpin'" underneath. I figure it's a good conversation starter about the podcast. As with last year, these are my gift to anyone attending. (If anyone not attending really wants one, I'd be happy to ship to you as well, I love you guys). I am not married to the idea so if anyone has a different/better one or is worried Pimpin' isn't appropriate...please let me know here what you'd like instead. I want to make everyone as happy as possible.

Here's what I need from you guys, besides suggestions on the above is:

The size you need
What name you want on it (especially for the people I don't know personally)
PM Me an address if you aren't attending :)

So far I have:
Mike, Andrew, Pat, Me, Dave, Aiden, Jacob, "Proto-Dave", Caz

Possibly: Family of Caz, Zen
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:16 am

Aidan is spelled Aidan. Proto-Dave's real name is Alex.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:25 pm

Sorry Aidan!
Power and Ripp forever

Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:55 pm

It's still my intent to go. I need to see what we get from the tax return and then Barb and I have to have a really long discussion about whether she and my Mom can cope with the guys for five days.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:12 pm

Okay, someone explain Proto-Dave to me, or point me in the right direction of whatever podcast I should have listened to but clearly haven't yet.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:38 pm

Jacob's roommate is named Alex. He is a really awesome guy. I mean, just amazing. He's sarcastic and smart and funny. He and Jacob are best friends, and when Lisa and I met him for the first time, it was literally a matter of minutes and suddenly it was like he had just always been part of the family. He fit in that well.

And every time I see him, I can't get over the idea that there's something ineffable about him that reminds me of you. I don't know if it's any particular mannerism or attitude or what, but I couldn't shake the idea that Dave and Alex are somewhere, somehow, cut from the same cloth. And I'm sure you guys will meet him and nobody else will have any clue what I'm talking about. But that's okay.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:12 pm

So, due to a possible child care issue one of the following may have to happen:

Darcs and I bring the children with us or Darcs and BlueDevyl go without me. Either way, Darcs and BD are going and I'm still sending shirts. <3
Power and Ripp forever

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:40 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Say it ain't so. I hope things get worked out, because I would be very sad if you had to miss out on this.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Just strap the kids in the car and keep driving until you get to my house! <3
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:20 am

So when is even registration day again? I would go look for it on the internet, but I was already here and thought I would just ask you fine individuals. Really I was just coming to tell y'all that my likely-hood of going to GENCON skyrocketed recently.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:53 am

You should buy your badge soon. Event registration is May 28.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:11 am

Jealous. I cannot do it, no way, no how. :cry:
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri May 12, 2017 9:08 pm

Have been working on Calendar. If anyone wants to pit stop here on the way there, it's great but I need to leave for work super early on the 16th and people might show up here from work to carpool with me. Just wanted to warn in advance, though maybe you'll be driving there on the 15th so you can be at the actual hotel all day on the 16th... If so that is even better for me.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sat May 13, 2017 7:54 pm

Thanks for the reminder about badges. I will have to pick it up on the next check.
Big_Jim
Pwned Noob

Postby Big_Jim » Sat May 13, 2017 8:17 pm

I am still on the fence for this year. If anything, I'll be going for the AI circus show but might extend it. We'll see.

Return to “Nerd Talk”