NPR Fitness Group

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: NPR Fitness Group

Postby Ronster » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:04 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Eliahad » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:24 pm

Back up to 3 miles in 32 minutes on a treadmill. 30 minutes of constant running, 2 minute warm-up. I'm going to stay here for a while before pushing myself further.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:03 pm

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:12 pm

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:12 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:41 am

This is one reason I have always disliked running, and only did it semi-enjoyably at times of life when I had easy access to a track or even-surface large field. I don't even like walking on sloped sidewalks/streets. Ours are really bad - husband often waits to go for walk until such time of day that traffic falls to near-zero and he can just walk in the street. Let us hope I never live near a track again, lol! :banana:
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:55 am

Running is bad for you and mostly done by sociopaths.

I don't own a scale because who needs that evil in your life but I weighed myself on a fancy one my brother ones and came in at 247, down from 287 when I lumbered into the doctors last January with the flu. Happy with this.

Onward and downwards.
SumDumTrim
Pastry Artisan

Postby SumDumTrim » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:45 am

I accidentally lost 60 pounds before I went to the law enforcement academy for 10 weeks this summer. I think I was stressed about going. I wish I had to go a few more times truth be told.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:50 pm

Yikes! I'm doing it the hard way and not that far yet, but things are going well. Most interesting thing I have found along the way is that I started working out very intensely in order to fix my physiological situation, and it ended up being even more profoundly helpful for the psychological situation. There's something about throwing around large amounts of weight that makes you feel like other problems aren't really a big deal unless they really are, for good reason. Also, the iron doesn't lie, and it's a very reassuring and stable sign of progress. I discovered that Henry Rollins is the one who said the iron doesn't lie, so I have also come to appreciate at least one thing about Henry Rollins finally.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:57 pm

I have gotten my 3 mile time under 33 minutes. I kept going, so I don't know what it was specifically. Keep at it everyone! You will get there!
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:54 pm

Congrats! That's pretty good, especially considering you are running at altitude!
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:18 pm

That's awesome, Eli.

I've actually gotten my three mile to under 30, but it has to be mostly downhill and the guy on the back of the tandem bike needs to be pedaling, because I don't pedal- just steer.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:44 pm

Thanks, folks! How are the squats going, Kyle? I should do those, too.....
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:36 pm

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:43 pm

Can't do 50 squats in a row.

Can run 3 miles in 31 minutes. A think I've got a lot of months to go, but I think my goal of running a complete 10k is doable. Yay for doing things I couldn't do in high school!
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:13 pm

Awesome! Good luck with the 10K!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:58 pm

50 squats in a row is difficult! Keep going, you can do 100, or do 50 with weights!

Congrats on the running Eli, that is awesome! I cannot imagine doing it, but you are doing it!
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:51 pm

4 miles in 42 minutes!

My preferred exercise is cross country skiing. But I am a) out of shape, and b) not interested in the expense of doing that again. So, I'll run to get myself back in shape and maybe I'll rent poles some day and go for a ski!
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:12 am

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:16 am

I am starting the whole myfitnesspal thing over again...wish me luck.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지

Return to “Nerd Talk”