NPR Fitness Group

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: NPR Fitness Group

Postby mimekiller » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:54 pm

2019 fitness goals have been completely derailed by a chica who is essentially living with me.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:53 pm

Maybe that IS the fitness goal.

Yay for doing 40 squats, squats are awesome! :banana: :banana: :banana: (that's me doing squats, see?)
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:02 pm

Today was a rest day. On rest days I believe in the sanctity of Baby Jesus.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:10 pm

Signed up for a gym membership last Friday at a huge place a 5 minute walk away. I've been 4 times since then and it's felt great.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:39 pm

Protip: hgtv is a good telly to exercise with.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:53 pm

Let me just say. 50 squats in a row is a beast. I’m a little jelly legged right now.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:51 pm

Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:47 am

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:35 am

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:48 am

just started back to the gym this week since I am back to a normal shift...and then I started working overtime. So if I work overtime going to the gym next morning is off the table. So I hope I don't have to work tonight...but the pay is good.

On a side note I am having about 120 + ounces of water per day now. Takes some getting used to but I keep a refillable cup and straw thing on my desk an sip all the time/ It's 8:44 and I am on my 2nd one of the day. So far I have kicked the 64 oz of soft drinks I used to have (evidently Coke Zero is no different than regular Coke as far as your pancreas goes).

My snacks are all my old whole 30 friends: pecans walnuts almonds strawberries and blueberries pineapple and bananas

and now we have a new treadmill for when i get home today since there was no gym this AM..Oh and someone was getting rid of a bow-flex. will let you know how this works out.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:59 am

Congrats on the water, that's a good habit! I fall into "easily grabbed for transport" too often, meaning not-water of some sort. My commitment to working out is waning right now because sleep.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:15 am

Haven't been able to walk the dog the past couple days. The outside temperature this morning was -22 F (wind was at least calm). However, I did do my kenpo workout, and followed that up with a quick half-marathon: 13.1 miles in 1 hour, 45 minutes and 21 seconds. And no, I did not wear the weighted vest for that particular run.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:17 am

You wore the dog, didn't you? So the dog could get a run in despite the wind chill?
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:22 am

Nope. But I did spend some playtime with the dog, to help wear her out.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:42 pm

Had some fitness goals, now I live in a hospital and don't work out. On the plus side the food I get in the shops downstairs is generally healthier than what I've been eating at home. I've even tried that Kombucha thing people go on about.

Funny thing: You can buy soda in the hospital. All the fountain sodas are diet, but you can get bottles. Diet bottles are 20 ounces, regular bottles are only the mini ones. Same price, so they're obviously manipulating you towards at least slightly healthier choices
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:54 pm

Had a session with a personal trainer on Friday after being sick most of last week. Couldn't move on Saturday. In a positive way, as much as that seems impossible. It was the kind of soreness where you know that you did something that is going to pay off in the long run, even if you look like gumby walking down stairs. I think that I might sign up for more sessions. It's actually less than what a cello lesson would be.

Today did an hour on the elliptical at 2 minutes moderate intensity, 2 minutes higher intensity. I may have dropped off in efficiency by the end of the hour, but still happy with what I accomplished. Then followed it up with some weight training.

It seems easier for me to follow up at the gym this time. Partly because it's literally a five minute walk away. Partly because I use my body for a living, and I've been getting by on having a very healthy technique for the last 30 years. Now that's going to keep me going, but if I don't take care of the rest of it, I'm setting myself up to be in a lot of pain in 10 years or so, and I really, really, don't want that. Also, having more energy is just making it easier to /do/ things. Anything. I like it.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:31 am

gym closed for possible 2 inches of snow :(
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:59 am

Forgot to do my squat challenge for three days, which sucked because I was 70 percent of the way through. But made up for it with a 7 mile hike, which is always fun but still a reminder that I need to get in better shape.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:23 pm

Are goldfish crackers paleo? Because it says fish right here on the list.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:20 pm

Slowed down on the exercise but still mostly sticking with my diet, with the kind of trepidation that Iraq War vets approach fireworks I gingerly put on a W40 pair of pants and I fit in them very well. I know that doesn't seem like much but this time last year I was stress testing W46 jeans

Return to “Nerd Talk”