NPR Fitness Group

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: NPR Fitness Group

Postby Kyle » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:37 pm

Sweet. Together we will conquer health.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:22 am

I don't want to download the app again because I tried the app and I spent a lot of time dealing with the app and it didn't seem to solve anything. For the better part of a year I counted all my calories and try to stick to a walking schedule and it's been a total failure that has resulted in about 2 lb of lost weight total over the span of nearly a year. I am mad as hell and not going to take it anymore. I know fat is often used as a pejorative word but I am f****** sick to death of being fat and I refuse to be fat any longer. My fat is not the pleasant plumpness of natural body type. It is the highly visible marker of and testament to 15 years of b******* poor diet, poor schedule, and stress. I am f****** done eating the terrible food that other people want to eat. I am going walking and doing yard work everyday and I don't care what things crumble to the ground in the face of it. It is amazing what a little thread of motivation can do for a person though. That same motivation worked before and I think it will work again.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:37 pm

App is working great for me. I've lost 25 pounds- at one point lost over 30, but I've not had the discipline lately. I actually really like this app. It works well, is intuitive and has a great database.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:36 pm

I'm glad it's working for you and I liked it the time that I tried it, but the bottom line is that it takes time to use it without actually getting a benefit of losing weight. It makes no difference whether I use it or don't use it; I stay exactly the same. But a change has to come because I just don't want to go on like this.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:05 am

Have eliminated ALL diet soda or artificial sweeteners, and most soda pop from diet. Feel 100% better AND have lost some weight. So... @&#-#&#-#@@ all that time spent drinking that $#!&.

Have learned that making one small change at a time helps. Let it sit a few weeks, then make next life change. Recently changed back to being the daily dog walker instead of farming out the task to others; new two week plan is to do as many situps as I can do during one play-through of Tool's Jambi, which BTW is the best situps music.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:39 pm

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:48 pm

Dilly, dilly!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:57 pm

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:03 am

So far so good...the whole 30 thing was hard to start, but sometimes you cannot make accommodations for it. That's when you realize what you've been missing.

Here's a list of my problem foods:

Dairy anything: I am not lactose intolerant, but man does it ever mess with my digestion
Bread/grains: I feel like I ate a brick and my hips and ankles ache like I'm an 80 yr old
fried foods: My body hates the greasy taste and feel. Now when someone has Chic-Fil-A all I can smell is the grease/oils it was cooked in
and here's the number one offender: sugar: It gives you a slight peppy boost, but then it takes you down into the depths of drowsiness once the sugar high leaves you. 1 Little Debbie oatmeal cookie thing is great...for 15 minutes then it's off to dreamland. I fell asleep sitting at my chair reading stuff on the computer...It was horrible...like driving when you are tired...sheer agony

Of note: Sugar substitutes/diet drinks are still a no-no. Studies show that some of the things in Coke Zero actually kill off the digestive enzymes that make you feel full. I have added a few supplements to my diet to counteract this: Amylase, Lipase, and bromelain.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:45 pm

Anyone still using MyFitnessPal, you may want to check if your account was part of the data breach. :-S
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:58 pm

Mine was. Fortunately it was a site I used a unique login and password to. So I just had to change my password. And now someone knows how fat I am.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:11 pm

I drink a lot of milk. They know that now. For sure. I stopped using it so long ago I can't remember what password it was. Not even this phone. It was like the dark ages. Now I just eat and eat and lay about like a fat walrus. Screw it all. Things are at a low place.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:57 pm

I take that back. I eat so little nowadays to account for having the metabolism of basically a dead person, and it's never, ever enough, and yet nothing changes. Sigh.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:08 pm

I don't get depressed very often but when I do I don't have much interest in eating food. So there's a great silver lining in it. The problem is you might get into some cycle where failure to eat nutritious meals is contributing to your feeling worse. But eh, who gives a crap. We control very little anyway. Bad things will happen regardless.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:12 pm

doing 30 minutes on my exercise bike in the morning and 30 minutes when I get home. doing it for less then a week but I feel good about it, I hope I stick with it.

My goals are not to lose weight but just to not get a blood clot during video games and dying with my sweat pants filled with hot pocket farts
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:23 am

Hey, whatever works. I think about blood clots too, maybe because of all the people who had a stroke up there in the tree. Current plan is a liquid diet punctuated by breakfast cereals, salad, and an occasional blob of protein-substance. The "just don't eat because why bother" plan does lead to wanting to lay somewhere prone under a blanket, but it allows for lots of alcohol that can break up the blood clots that might otherwise form.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:49 pm

down 15 pounds since the start of this new exercise bit. Very encouraging, I shall continue.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:00 pm

Please tell me you've been on an ice cream and beer diet.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:01 am

I've lost about 20-30 pounds over the past few months. I have been doing P90X for a long time, so I was in good shape. But I gave up drinking soda for Lent, and added running to my morning workouts (usually about 2 miles each weekday, and 3-5 miles on Saturday and Sunday), and that really started burning the calories. Now that Lent is over, I'm still only drinking about 1-2 bottles of soda a week, so the weight is still gradually dropping. I don't think it's going to drop much further, because I haven't changed any other aspects of my diet, but I'm okay with that; I don't want to have to buy a whole new wardrobe, just maybe a smaller belt. And while I'm nowhere near my personal best from high school of running a mile in 4:55, I have been able to get my mile time down to about 7 minutes, which ain't bad for an almost-48-year-old who weighs about 60-70 pounds more than he did in high school!
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:05 am

So ice cream and beer it is. Great news!

Return to “Nerd Talk”