NPR Fitness Group

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: NPR Fitness Group

Postby Kyle » Thu May 18, 2017 10:31 am

Oh my god. Still haven't gone back to the gym and won't until next Monday.

Had high fever and congestion for four days that turned into a sinus infection and infection in both ears. After a steroid shot and antibiotics, I'm now blowing all the colors of the rainbow out of my nose and can't hear anything because the drops in my ears.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Sat May 20, 2017 12:21 pm

The new tactic of thinking as food as a betraying enemy is working pretty well for squelching appetite. I try to envision disgusting things, to make it repellent to eat anything besides vegetable matter. Whatever works, I guess. Maybe this fits my psychology. I'm angry at food, angry at the body. Angry at the food+body combo. It's viscerally repulsive. I know, I know, feminism, other isms, but doing whatever it takes is more important right now.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 23, 2017 4:19 pm

Yeah, things were going well, minimal suppers and modest lunches and such, and then we got "Philly Swirl Sticks" WTF there's no way to make it disgusting. It's from heaven.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Wed May 24, 2017 10:33 am

I've increased my activity, decreased my calories for several weeks now and absolutely no forward progress. Brain is in a total fog, dreading things that I'm supposed to love, not being able to stay awake in meetings, and struggling to do so when driving [unless my children are in the car because Evangeline's constant (delightful) chatter keeps me blessedly stimulated] Sucking it up and seeing a doctor next week. My guesses are: my half-a-thyroid is fucked again, vitamin d deficiency, my protein deficiency is back, and/or anemia ( in some combination or another)

Just joined another Shawn T group with some friends from the other group (didn't do Cize last week because of working on Desmond's party, but made up for it by doing stuff in between timers at work) but I'm getting back in that wagon tomorrow (tonight is dance rehearsal for Mary poppins so I'm counting that instead)
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 24, 2017 10:59 am

I feel you. Work without progress is disheartening. On the other hand, you being healthy and having fun is more important than losing weight per se, so dance and run around and enjoy what you can, and even if nothing changes you will be having fun. The exhaustion is a pain. Vitamins and ibuprofen and caffeine are helping me with that, oddly enough.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:46 am

Did you all see the reporting on the study of two groups whose calories and food and exercise were monitored, decades ago vs. now, and people lost less weight today? They blamed gut bacteria, and I was like, well, there are different possible causes, and then I heard from a gut bacteria researcher who was like, really, it has this effect, among others. Yikes!

Anyway, I'm at a low ebb here. I feel total disgust and contempt for my body and self, which is a bad place to be. But each day is a new day when your diet might be achieved. Food has betrayed me, and it was my friend. :cry:

EDITED to say GUT bacteria, not GUY bacteria, #$&@#& ##&+@.
Last edited by Phoebe on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:05 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:14 am

My God, now it's not just the food that betrays me, but the phone. Autocorrect is the very devil for people who use, you know, . It has one use: when you're drunk.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:20 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:12 am

Screw those large-fingered people, who go on to be orthodontists and gynecologists without a care in the world!
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:03 pm

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:54 pm

I'm feeling much better and was supposed to go to the gym this morning, but we had some bullshit outside-family drama that caused me getting little sleep last night, so I skipped the gym today- and I feel shitty about it.

But now I'm worried I have cancer or something because even though I've not stuck to my diet, I also have not put on any weight. I haven't lost much weight (a little) but I'm also not putting any on. I guess that's good, but I'm actually a bit concerned about it. Maybe I'm just losing the muscle I put on from working out for a short while. I dunno.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:00 pm

You've been pretty active, even if not in gym itself, maybe?

Still angry at food but feel better after cleaning out the fridge thoroughly and seizing command of the cooking again. For a while it was very catch-as-catch-can, with tons of work dinners and banquets going on. Not so great for tummy. Summer is also the ideal time for better eating due to the presence of better veggies and desire to eat more stuff like salad, grilled veggies, etc.

As your body ages it changes and this doesn't bother me in itself, as a body is a body, especially when functioning as needed on most fronts. However, I look like crap and am starting to tire of it. I kind of gave up, you know? Just bought a bunch of comfy pants and tunics and gave up. Now I'm like, this is absurd; I have to do better.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:24 pm

I look like a horrid, ugly troll and there is nothing for it. I have never worried much about my appearance and never minded being kind of weird-looking, and I am not used to being upset by this. It upsets me that it upsets me, but it really upsets me. Seriously, a Troll.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:33 am

Hope is a beautiful thing, you know? Even the tiniest sliver of hope is enough. Thus I hit the road with dog again this morning with great vigor and am eating yogurt for lunch. If I eat Cheerios for breakfast and yogurt for lunch, I can have a normal dinner. How bout them fucked up life-denying apples? But: Hope. It means everything; it gives you a reason worth working for.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:48 am

Yay.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Okay all- let's reevaluate where we are and who's still excited to get healthy!

I'm committing to being a 5 days/week gym rat this week, and started with a good visit this morning. I'm also going back on the no-snacking/no-seconds/no-drinking regimen- which I haven't been bad about, but haven't been strict about.

I had a great little experience yesterday- we went swimming in a local river and, when you go back to the car, there's this long series of high, long stone steps you have to take to get back up. When I did this before, I had to take two breaks- but yesterday I made it to the top without taking a single break! Don't get me wrong, I was gasping like a geriatric when I got to the top, but I did it!

It's a new week and a new start-- WHO'S WITH ME?!?!?
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:08 pm

I'm in!!!
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:16 pm

Yes! Hey though- for reals- you should get the myfitnesspal app- it's really the best thing going to track food and activity. My name (I think) is NPRKyle

WHO ELSE!?!
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:29 pm

ianthamfyolek

Anyone else from this thread can feel free to add me as well.

Return to “Nerd Talk”