MMO Snake

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: MMO Snake

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:23 pm

I made the Top Ten!
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:10 pm

I've managed top 10 a couple times. I don't play aggressively, but there is nothing in this game more satisfying than killing someone who has been actively stalking you. They go in for the kill, you jog at the last moment, they die... you consume their soul. So sweet.

Otherwise, I go by the name Harmless, and I actively avoid confrontation... y'know, unless the perfect opportunity presents itself.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:44 pm

I just wanted to crack the top 10 with this name-- here's the shot of my death rattle:

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:45 pm

Damn! 33,279. My record.

I was #1 from about 21K onward, and spent most of my #1 time being stalked and chased by a couple of snakes over 10,000. My only consolation was that when I finally bit it, it was a dumbass collision on some tiny dude, and my stalkers were nowhere around.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:53 am

This is it. I'm out. I've accomplished everything I wanted to.

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:28 am

Things I've seen:

1. I actually got to witness a new snake appearing. I was gigantic, and suddenly a new worm just materialized next to me. Only seen it once.

2. I had a snake vanish ahead of me. It was about my size, and I was following it, hoping it would happen to die, when all of a sudden, it just faded out. Done. I have always assumed that if you lost connection, your snake would just continue straight on til it died, so I don't know if this was someone dropping off the server or if it was some sort of glitch, but it was weird.

3. Twice now, I've gotten to see my own corpse. Both times, I died at like 6 or 8K. Until I get on the leaderboard, I like to hang out near the very center of the map. That's where it's most congested and you are most likely to stumble on accidental death. The first time this happened, I was being chased by a really aggressive purple, and died trying to get away. I respawned, and there was a really aggressive purple zipping by me. Checked the map, and sure enough, I had appeared right near the center. I followed the purple, and got to witness the feeding frenzy over my old body. I couldn't get to it, but I watched it. Second time, just last night, I was again right near the center, and I actually respawned within sight of my body. I got in on it and had my new snake pumped up to 1500 within ten seconds. It didn't last, but it was cool.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:38 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:41 am

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:50 am

Okay I lied. I'm running out of names to troll people with:

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Ronster » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:52 pm

I am abysmal at this, but I enjoy it

"grugnerd"
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:34 pm

A lot depends on what machine you play it on. My laptop screen is limited to 1366x768 pixels, so that's all of the board I can see. When I play on my phone, I have a much higher resolution and can probably see twice as much ground, so I'm more aware of my surroundings. Unfortunately, the "speed" function on the phone app requires a double-tap, whereas if you have a mouse, you can speed just by clicking.

My phone gives me a much better view, but my laptop gives me better controls. Ideally, I'd like to be on a desktop computer with a large, high-resolution screen and combine the best of both worlds. But I don't have that option, so I usually go the phone app.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:12 pm

Ugh! When you get that big it is hard to turn.. too many snakes!

Snake.jpg
Snake.jpg (250.59 KiB) Viewed 1236 times
Citizens of Earth, rejoice. Your Lord and Master stands on high.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:41 am

Finally made it into the top 10
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:19 am

Also, I have found that when other folks use the wireless in the house the game gets awfully jittery.
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:39 am

My highest score. The name was pretty accurate by the end of it.

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:28 am

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:04 am

[quote="Zombie"]My highest score. The name was pretty accurate by the end of it.

WOW!
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:21 pm

Am I the only one sporting the clan tag?
Citizens of Earth, rejoice. Your Lord and Master stands on high.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:24 pm

I'm torn betweeen [xxNERDPRIDExx] Caz and Shai Hulud. It depends on how I'm feeling at the time.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:40 pm

My current troll name is "YES! HILLARY 2016! YES!"

Return to “Nerd Talk”