Trump

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Trump

Postby Phoebe » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:59 pm

Lindsay Graham's actions might make sense, in a deranged way of making sense, if he wants to be the loudest pro-Trumper who is prepared to run for it in 2020 if Trump goes down and Pence is somehow down or weakened as well. Same with Nikki Haley. I assume Cruz is growing that horrifying facial hair just to appeal to Texans? Because ... OMG. I feel like if Trump gets impeached or for whatever reason can't run in 2020 his son is going to do it for him.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:29 am

This WaPo headline pisses me off: "Ex-envoy’s testimony will be a moment of reckoning on gender for Trump."
Why? Nothing has been or will be such a moment. His people don't give a crap.
It's a moment of reckoning on whose bidding they were doing in removing her, and why. It's a moment of reckoning on extortion and bribery. It has fuck all to do with gender any saying so is an idiotic distraction and not a reporting of facts. Ugh.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:39 pm

Tweeted his way into having something added to articles of impeachment in real time during the hearing.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:41 pm

My favorite part about the trump Ukraine thing so far is that trump talks so loud on the phone that people have to hold phone away from their head
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:38 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:00 pm

so whose asking for a iphone for Christmas lmao

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/20/apple-c ... ctory.html
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:54 am

I'm enjoying the hilarious multiple conflicting reports on the hero dog Conan's gender, and sure, if Trump was wrong, maybe file this under his administration's North Korea-like inability to admit error BUT also it's very very possible that Trump was right, and either way people jumping up and down in celebration every 15 minutes when the story changes to match their priors is kinda embarrassing.

But, again, hilarious, in a Veep kinda way. People saying that Trump's going to use a sharpie on photos of the dog: hilarious.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:35 pm

Great pics from G20 - the photographers were absolutely unleashed without a net! In The Official photo everyone looks like crap and Trump's eyes are closed, and in another one Erdogan is side-eyeing Merkel's, ah, silhouette.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:01 pm

Wow, that letter to Pelosi is something.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:43 pm

Challenge: get as far as you can in reading that letter without giving up. I gave up at 1.5

Clue in ancient Greece.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:01 am

I actually read the whole thing. Perhaps he's trying to make a case for the 25th Amendment to be invoked before his trial starts. :s
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:11 am

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:41 pm

The letter is incoherent. No factual defense.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:44 pm

That's just the thing, isn't it? At what point have the facts mattered in this?
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:55 pm

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:00 pm

I check Fox News' website daily as well, in addition to several other reputable news organizations, and it truly is amazing how completely different Fox is from everyone else. They really have created an information bubble for their viewers where they can control what they see/hear/think.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:19 pm

Have been attempting as an act of desperation to communicate in legit friendly manner with Republicans I know personally as human beings, overlooking the many supposedly hilarious racist things like how ugly Michelle Obama is and how deeply evil Ilhan Omar is. These people have gone deep into a la la land where ice cubes melt imperceptibly into a water glass so there is no global warming, and Trump is on the verge of exposing the many felonies committed by Nancy Pelosi, if only he can stop being bothered by this whole bullshit collusion narrative. They regularly mention Epstein as if it is clear to all thinking people that Bill Clinton had him offed, the latest in a very long chain of such killings, which proves that Trump is draining the swamp. These people are batshit crazeeeee and 100000% RACIST and that's where we are on the eve of 2020.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:37 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:41 pm

At this point I am still looking for even one non-racist Trump supporter. I'm just not clear how somebody supports him at this point without being racist. The people who wanted their pro-life thing, they got what they wanted and now there is no cost to them saying that Trump is a racist and they don't support it. If you're in bed with him now, you laid down with a racist and you got up being one yourself.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:53 pm

TELL IT MAXINE WATERS

Return to “Nerd Talk”