Trump

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Trump

Postby mimekiller » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:34 pm

Well at least Biden can now finally express in public what he said in private in front of a mirror for 8 years! Good grief!

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/ ... ed-1474379
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:42 pm

Okay. Is he arguing for better powers to cage the babies, or what? I don't really get your point. Are you thinking Biden wins you a game of whataboutism vs. Trump?
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:59 pm

I think Biden is going into the political fight of his life managing to slip up and make a new headline every 72 hours because he sounds like a complete and utter dumb ass. Should give anyone pause but I mean if everyone is resigned to FOUR MORE YEARS of Trump then yea roll tide lets get on the Biden train and scratch our heads when it goes off the cliff.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:08 pm

you can LEGIT see his brain absolutely give up at about the 40 second mark.

https://whotv.com/2019/08/25/insiders-8 ... ort-trump/
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:13 pm

Uncle Joe is a national treasure! That interview was lovely; no idea what your complaint could be. Let's not have anything slip between the cup and the lip! The cup and the lip, lol, Sanders is honest, poor guy, we'll give him that! Love it.

Joe has the virtue of being correct: when your union just negotiated a salary reduction so that you could get a decent health care benefits package, you're not in a hurry to give that up. Voters who are happy with their insurance shouldn't be threatened with having it turned into full national system overnight, even if that's the endgame. We don't have to reach for the moon to do better than Trump on this issue. Republicans in charge of all govt have functioned solely to reduce access to care. Their party is an endless failure; they are capable only of destruction and not governance or problem solving.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:48 am

Amazing to see how far we've come from "normal to release tax returns" to "normal to sue wildly in every possible way to prevent any of those from surfacing". Meanwhile Trump supporters be like, yes he is such a wonderful man and he has my best interests at heart!
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:29 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:30 pm

Apparently Trump thinks that a news outlet should be working for him. To paraphrase the Simpsons, I think he said the quiet part loud.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:49 pm

So much being said so loudly these days! I saw my neighbor from down the street earlier. Big Trump supporter. This guy is out mowing is lawn. Seems like a nice man, works hard to keep his place up nicely, seems friendly. What is going on inside his mind, I wonder?
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:24 pm

"Fuck all of you. I got mine."
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:03 pm

Next: permitting more methane emissions merely to own the libs and hasten our demise on the planet, since industry not clamoring for it. Maybe that's why they need immediate research on tunnels, the only places we will be able to survive. Lol, she said, not laughing. But meanwhile, it's nice to think about limiting one's overall contribution to emissions - less buying needless stuff, less car and plane, less carnivoring. I dislike the overemphasis on individual reform as the solution relative to the enormity of other problems that only nation states and multinational corporations can control, together or singly, but it beats doing nothing in the face of all this.
:cheers:
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:13 pm

Trump needs to stop acting like a bitch and fire this fucking miserable cunt.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... edirect=on
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:10 pm

I was going to criticize your language until I saw it was Bolton.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:14 pm

Bolton has been a war mongering plague on my house for years and years
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:42 pm

hahahah for sure Trump is one of the dumbest people to walk this Earth and he WILL win in 2020 and he WILL prob get thousands of troops killed by basing a foreign policy off a wiki article on a Tom Clancy book.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... edirect=on
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:45 am

None of the NOAA models that we know of showed the hurricane hitting Alabama. And before Trump tweeted about Alabama, the NOAA had already provided him with a map showing Alabama not getting hit. Yesterday Trump showed a map that seems to have been altered to include Alabama. There is some reason to believe that Trump himself altered the map: a White House source, when asked if Trump did it, said "I'm not going to get into that," which is clearly a non-denial denial.

This says two things.

First, Trump will do anything so he doesn't have to admit he was wrong. That's a fucked up perspective. He can't even let it go--he keeps tweeting and talking about rather than letting it drop.

Second, the White House is complicit in a lie--either they sat by and let Trump literally alter evidence by changing the map and did nothing, or they did it themselves. So apparently people in the White House are willing to lie rather than stand up to Trump.

Both of these are horrible for the country.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:15 am

I see two options, both of which are horrifying for democracy and my sense of sleeping well at night. One is that he really is fully in charge and we can only hope he doesn't screw anything up. Really, I wish him well that much. We are all traveling on the same ship in perilous waters. The other is that someone else has the power to either effectively veto his bad decisions or not keep him in the loop on important things he might screw up, and it would sure be nice to know who the hell that someone we didn't elect is. I've always kind of assumed that is Ivanka and Jared's role, to speak some sort of reason in the ear when no one else is able to do it, but they're both idiots and they can't stop him from sharpie-ing up a map, so even if they try to keep a measure of sanity, how much good are they doing? Maybe they lean heavily on Kelly, or - ? Who is preventing something catastrophically stupid from happening, because one kind of assumes those things are at stake on a daily or maybe hourly basis during any given Presidency? And we know our guy is most of the time watching TV or golfing or doing a rally or something else that's not about making actual decisions. And we know that when he gets something wrong, he's so incapable of admitting it that he would rather quadruple down and let the world burn if that's what it takes to be right.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:45 am

Forgot Trump did a cameo in this video, look at this bozo lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaIZvCD ... e=youtu.be
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:41 pm

Smoking cigarettes is the leading cause of preventable deaths, but no chance they would be made illegal. E cigarettes emerge as alternative to smoking or hopefully means of quitting altogether, and some people die for unclear reasons, and definitely we should ban all of those. Given how the big guy operates, someone should look for the trail of cash that motivated this totally rational decision.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:12 pm

Return to “Nerd Talk”