Trump

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Trump

Postby akiva » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:10 am

The one question that I have that doesn't seem to have been answered: if there was nothing to hide (i.e. no Russia collusion), why did so many people lie about it? A number of people have taken pleas admitting they lied about it, and Trump and Trump Jr definitely tried to lie about the meeting in Trump Tower (Trump dictated a statement claiming it was about adoption; very soon after that Trump Jr's email showing that it was not about adoption came out).

And the lies evolved as more evidence came out. First it was "no one in the campaign had any connections to Russia." Then it was "there were connections, but not collusion." Then Rudy basically said "Trump himself didn't collude, but others on the campaign may have." There was also the lie that Trump hadn't been involved in the Trump Tower in Moscow; he has admitted he was involved in it at least until the nomination.I have a hard time believing that there's nothing there given how many people lied, and so many stories changed. My guess is that some people on the campaign tried to collude (and probably not just with Russia; there's evidence of secretive and close ties with Saudi Arabia and Turkey), but it didn't work out that well. I mean Trump Jr admitted that's what he was trying to do at the Trump Tower meeting--he explicitly went to the meeting to get dirt on Clinton from the Russians.
Reel on a repeating loop
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Eliahad » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:27 am

(Unrelated to the current discussion, do you think Trump wants the Affordable Care Act repealed simply so he can replace it with Trumpcare? Like he just wants his name branded on something that people will use for decades-plus?)
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:52 am

FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:50 pm

Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:18 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed May 01, 2019 4:31 pm

So it's completely apparent now that Barr did an excellent job with the Mueller report and has been a steadfast guardian of the nation's laws.

His and Mueller's conclusion that there was no collusion and no obstruction is now completely clear and absolute.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu May 02, 2019 7:55 am

Lol maga!
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Sat May 04, 2019 5:27 am

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon May 06, 2019 5:39 pm

Can’t wait to see those tax returns and finally expose Donald Trump as a stinking rich greedy fat cat
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 08, 2019 6:48 am

Oh I guess nyt reported on some, but I have no time to read about it. What happened?
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed May 15, 2019 5:06 pm

for what its worth if Trump really lets fucking Bolton talk him into the Iranian war that he's been drooling over for decades I'm gonna join you guys in the rabid frothing hate. War with Iran would be quite bad!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 15, 2019 5:10 pm

Please no. Can't we please ride out 20 more months or so?
The both sidesism disease in the media is so strong, the desire to pick at the Democratic candidates for clicks and readings and dollars is so strong, I'm terrified that it will go on and on indefinitely and conditions will worsen.
I encounter so many people who are still mad about Hillary. It's just mind blowing. It's over, you guys, the emails and all. Now you're packing babies into tents, so... Maybe think on a new topic.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:38 pm

Its going to be a GUT BUSTING lvl of laughter when people really push for hate speech laws and Trump turns around and labels antifa a hate group and people scratch their heads and wonder what went wrong.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:02 am

Eh, that's the same nonsense narrative that the left radicalizes normal Republican snowflakes by making them feel very sad and uncomfortable that their actual views are that close to actual neonazi views. Trump will declare antifa a domestic terrorist org no matter what anyone else says or does, and he will classify any Democrat as a member of antifa. Maybe it's time everyone grew up and took responsibility for terrible moral and political views.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:23 pm

Well its just a clear example of why I have and always will be a hardcore FREEDOM OF SPEECH GUY.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:11 pm

At what point, if ever, does it become a medical issue worthy of investigation? I hesitate to say it's "starting" to be scary, as that's not the right word, but it's starting to be scary, like what we'd expect from a person with NPD reaching mid-stage Alzheimer's. Dementia makes it more difficult to suppress the tendencies that go with NPD. There's quite a bit of lit and case studies published on this. Also feeling pretty sure this group wouldn't properly carry out any procedures in place to safeguard against such situations.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:40 pm

Was this met for the Biden thread?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:25 am

Maybe; I haven't seen him give a speech lately. Has he gone off the deep end? Are you saying it shouldn't be in the Trump thread, bc if so u r wrong.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:43 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:28 am

Oh please. It's a text message address and the type of racist assumption about poverty one hears on the daily from people who definitely don't have dementia as an excuse. Let me know when a non-white-nationalist outlet reports something on par with the King of Israel seeking to become the King of Greenland.

Return to “Nerd Talk”