What are you watching?

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What are you watching?

Postby mimekiller » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:15 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mimekiller » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:07 pm

Uncharted fan film with Nathan Fillion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5CZQpq ... e=youtu.be
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:23 am

Drifting through bits of Battlestar Galactica STILL... the thing that - among many others! - wrecks the show is the relationship between the doctor and his robot. Yet instead of getting a grip, the writers decided to quadruple down on this narrative. Then they had stuff about abortion that nearly made me want to donate to Planned Parenthood, I was so ticked off by the stupid. Finally, having given up in disgust and ignored the whole thing in favor of things like clipping people's toenails and flossing my teeth, I was shocked by the sudden appearance of Lucy Lawless as robot number three. W. T. F. What the hell did she and James Edward Olmos and Mary McDonnell to do deserve this fate?
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:56 pm

FINISHED Goliath Season 2, one of the best shows on TV.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:41 pm

Battlestar Galactica is picking up again, despite its weird soap opera-esque nature and the loathsome presence of the doctor. Occasionally they get past simplistic moral dilemmas and spiritual mumbo-jumbo and dive into more interesting territory. I really do not like that doctor though.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:46 pm

Right now President Laura is saying, after the Doctor was ...spoiler warnings in all of this really... Skip as needed... that she was surprised by how willing she was simply to see him suffer, not for the sake of any intelligence or truth but just to make that insufferable, hammy little lizard suffer (not an exact quote), and I feel this is verrrrry Meta, where she speaks for us, all Viewers, who now must confront the fragility of their own moral integrity as humans in the face of an ongoing desire to see the doctor's character go kaput. My visceral irritation at the man's whole face, voice, etc. is so bad I probably AM secretly the "old man Cylon with a hat". Please, it gives me no pleasure to see the doctor scream any more than it does to see him do anything else.

Edit: many, many questions linger about the "Cylon blood cure". WTH?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:17 am

Billions. This would not have been my choice, and it annoys me, but I love Paul Giamatti, so... I am absorbing this passively during textile activities.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:05 pm

Ok, this damn Battlestar Galactica show finally got to me, even as it simultaneously went fully insane plot-wise. I don't even know anymore. None of us know who we are or why we are here.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:08 pm

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD

Watching Season three which has a interesting story line of BUNDY RANCHER VS INDIANS story that works for me more then anything else in the serious previously.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:39 pm

Down to the last half-dozen episodes or so, Battlestar Galactica. I want to talk about it and yet I don't want to talk about it. In so many ways it's such an embarrassingly bad show, but they just keep doing other things right. There's always something really conceptually interesting in the episode even if it is surrounded by shlock.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:56 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:11 am

Alone!!!!!

It was so wonderful. The two people we most wanted to win ended up as the finalists, and then our person won. I am really disappointed with how little we are getting to see about the techniques and day to day tasks the people use. But we love that person so were happy to watch.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:06 pm

Babylon 5! It's on Prime at the momement. I'm hoping it lives up to what I remember it being.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:55 pm

Brooklyn Nine-Nine!
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:34 pm

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round. But no longer riding on the Merry-Go-Round.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:50 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:47 am

First two episodes of JACK RYAN are aces and office Jim is the Jack Ryan I've been wanting for a long time.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:13 pm

Watching Jean Claude van Johnson.
It is absolutely wonderful. I can't say enough. Feel that every person here would looooooooooove it.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:26 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:57 pm

Return to “Nerd Talk”