People Annoy Me

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: People Annoy Me

Postby bralbovsky » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:15 pm

Please, please, use your powers and destroy them all.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bonefish » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:44 am

High beams. Look, I understand visibility is impaired due to rain. I get it. But, that doesn't mean ya gotta blind me too. I would like to see the road too!
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:25 pm

"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:03 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:05 am

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:08 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:27 pm

That's awesome and needs to be done.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun May 06, 2018 11:30 am

The problem at the impasse:
1. I thought about it like a lawyer and decided not to discuss it. This is why I have repressed anger.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 16, 2018 10:08 pm

Can one / how does one block a person on Facebook without having to obviously unfriend them? A mentally ill relative, I don't want to sever ties with because it's a roller coaster of the good, bad, and ugly, but I cannot deal with the crap and Do Not want it posted on my timeline however briefly. Can you prevent all people from posting on your timeline, or at least one person?
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu May 17, 2018 5:39 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Thu May 17, 2018 6:33 am

You can also go to their page and where it says "Following" click on that, switch to "Unfollow". You're still friends, but you'll no longer see any of their posts in your timeline at all. You won't get notifications when they respond. You'll literally only see something if you go specifically to their wall.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu May 17, 2018 7:22 am

Thanks, I have done it! I cannot deal with, well, the nauseating levels of racism, which certainly aren't explained by the mental illness.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 am

Haha! I have found different factions of the same movement that say seemingly contradictory things! Both statements apply to ALL members of said group and they are all hypocrites! My cynicism is superior and unfailing! Kneel before me!
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 22, 2018 8:56 am

People whose job it is to work with particular kinds of technology who then become, for no good reason, advocates of that particular technology/computer/software/device just as if they were being paid by the company to do so. No! The fact that the company is touting this list of things as helpful Bells and Whistles does NOT mean that they are helpful in the slightest. Also, I get paid to do my job and figure out what bells and whistles work and which ones are a huge waste of time and effort. So I don't need others deciding for me based on a partisanship that literally has no purpose, even a self-interested one that I would otherwise recognize in the category of "just doing what I gotta do to get paid". You don't gotta do this, so why inflicting it on me?

Return to “Nerd Talk”