Trump

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Trump

Postby Elle » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:16 pm

I would swear that he did too. It was the very last thing. It was a lousy way of saying it, but he did say it. Some of the people I know who support him won't care either way. They're all armed to the teeth and crazeeeee.

Ok I checked for sanity's sake and yes, he said if she wins i will support her. After a typically noodly preamble to the answer.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:05 am

Imagine how unlikable Hillary must be, that she is not light years ahead of Trump in the polls. Sure, you have the alt-right white males that would never vote for her for racist/sexist reasons. But I've seen stories about the number of millennials who are considering voting for third party candidates rather than Hillary or Trump; the fact that she cannot win over that demographic more than she has really says something about her likeability.

There really may be something to your husband's theory that Trump is just a plant to make sure Hillary gets elected, because if she cannot even get a landslide against Trump, how the heck would she do it against a serious challenger?
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:30 pm

Well, my son's girlfriend calls her something that I can't say on a PG-13 board on a regular basis. I know she has no intention of voting for Trump, but she certainly hates Clinton a lot.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:36 am

Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:41 am

Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:30 am

So you are voting for the end of democracy, and you are voting for a person whose SOLE recommendation is that he is the candidate most likely to implement fearlessly racist solutions to various concerns. I totally get why these alt-right types support Trump; he is their man par excellence. Why does ANYONE ELSE? literally any other human being? Do you fancy he's going to appoint pro-life judges? LOL. You believe a thing he says. :roll:
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:05 am

I'm trying to watch world cup qualifying highlights, I don't have time for this kind of news cycle in my busy evening. It was okay to have a nominee who wanted to search, assault, sue, and jail journalists, dismiss federal judges for their ethnicity, abandon Nato and embrace Putin, and engage in decades of shady business practices capped off by astonishing losses so bad that he likely didn't pay taxes for decades (not that we'd know for sure, as he won't release them). Birther-in-chief, builder-of-walls. All of this was fine with Mr. Ryan and Mr. Cruz and Mr. Pence and all these others. But today is the day we decide that some coarse comments are the last straw, as if they came as some kind of surprise! Wake me when Mike Pence has a sex tape. Until then, every person who cheered on the complete denial of reality we have seen in twenty years of Fox News and thirty years of Limbaugh has helped make this day what it is.

And for what it's worth, so many women have the opposite side of a story like this one. This kind of crap is so normal that it barely even counts.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:06 am

I did some research and this is as much of the Mike Pence sex tape as I can find.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:41 am

Posted whole reply; thought those were frogs. Deleted. Trying again to make peace with Morning.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:37 pm

Oh, Republicans, this isn't one of those games where you get takebacks and do-overs when you start to get really afraid of losing. What Trump said on that tape is one of the most HONEST moments we've ever heard from him! There we saw the real guy, being himself, "telling it like it is"! And he's not some kind of weird, sick anomaly among men - this is bro culture at its finest! Many of us and our innocent body parts are well-acquainted with it. You don't have to dig deep beneath the surface of American life to find it - everyone understands their ridiculous lingo precisely because this is how so many men really are!

And every one of these two-faced, cowardly jokers who went along with everything Trump said, because of their hatred of Hillary and their desperate desire to win again after eight years of a President they have tried and failed again and again to discredit, gets to own this one now, big-league. This is on you. He wasn't pretending all this time - you knew exactly who he was, and if he had come out forcefully against tax cuts for the wealthy last year, Paul Ryan would have fought to the death to prevent him from becoming the nominee. You all made your bed - even Ted Cruz, at the very last moment, in a truly craven and simpering display of Beta Male! - and now you get to lie in it.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:41 pm

Psssst! Mike Pence! I hear a bunch of guys want to make you the nominee instead now, because after all the toxic fascism and hatred flowing out of your gutter for nearly two years now, the family values crowd is feeling really uncomfortable. I sympathize; I totally support those nice, old-fashioned family values.

Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:23 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:19 pm

The polling on this latest Trump tape has barely started and already he's dropped to only an 18% of winning (from 45% less than three weeks ago). I am finally feeling good about this.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm

I would rather she won than not, obviously. And when it comes to being afraid of his crazy supporters breaking out into violence if he loses, I'd much rather he got trounced than only lost by a small margin, so we're all clear on where people stand. I'm very happy if he's sinking in the polls and there would be some amusement in asking Republicans who still support Trump whether they have to do a new Republican handshake to greet one another now.

What worries me is that people are rejecting Trump for the wrong reasons, which means that the next candidate foisted upon a world that desperately needs better will be just as awful. This tape is one of the least disturbing things that has come out. He should have been easily disqualified months ago! His attitude toward and treatment of women was crystal clear this whole time. He has been going on Howard Stern forever, showing us his heart of gold. So all these people who were okay with him and finally now have reservations - they're okay with torturing people as official government policy, okay with abandoning the Estonians to Putin, okay with entrusting our economy to a know-nothing maniac, okay with mass deportations and bans on a whole religious group, and okay with a man who appears to be a pathological liar and narcissist with almost no virtues of character whatsoever, who regularly trash-talks people in the vilest manner. But a braggart talking about pussy-grabbing? That's a bridge too far. That's the limit of tolerance.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:27 pm

I was literally just five minutes ago explaining to my thirteen year old that while this is a good thing, the real damage has already been done in changing what is considered publicly and politically acceptable in the wake of the Trump candidacy.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:23 pm

Yep. Look, here is my own 13 year old wandering into the room. I shall ask her what she thinks of this.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:04 am

And?
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:54 pm

It's no surprise, really.....Lots worse is still to come from the thousands of unreleased Apprentice tapes. The functional problem, as I see it, is that the rest of his (formerly my) party is hiding behind him like some huge singularity, hoping that his aberrant behavior will make their aberrant behavior look "normal" "safe" sane. The list is too long, but for a start...
There is no 'stealing a job;' there is only offering it to a person willing to take less, who likely doesn't know the guy he's replacing is even losing a job. (There's a guy who owns a golf course in my town, and after promising raises to his HS employees after they work a full year, often fires them instead, because their younger classmates - to whom he promises raises if they work for him a year - are willing to work for 1/2 a buck an hour less.) He has Trump signs in his yard, and four daughters.
The brown skinned family who moves in next door is not the reason your neighborhood is less valuable. It's the guy at the plant who let go 400 workers (which made the house empty and affordable), but we don't blame him for the economic downturn. We blame the new folks.
Leave women the f alone, for chrissake. Just quit messing with the standards, whether we believe them, and.....everything else.
Tired beyond tired of self-serving, selfish logic.

Pence only looks human by comparison. The lizards were perfect.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:25 pm

Trying to watch the second debate. I want to hit him with the bumper from a 52 DeSoto.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:51 pm

I explained it all to my 13 year old without saying the word "pussy" or "grab them by the pussy", which took some doing, but I feel certain she googled it up for herself later. Better she understand what's going on now; she is after all trapped in a junior high much of the time. She's doing remarkably well; I feel like the only thing I really did for her was read a lot of books but the rest has been her, just the way she is.

Anyway, there's still so much time in which things can happen, it freaks me out. The stress of this must be overwhelming for both of them. It's a truly terrible election. I can hardly stand to read about the next thing, and each day there's a next thing. I feel like we're all going to arrive at the end of this feeling really dispirited and gross, mistrusting those we disagree with even more than we did before. It's very depressing. I find myself increasingly alienated by the next wave of liberal politics, and there's nowhere to get away from it to something better. The only people who make sense to me nowadays are the libertarian feminists out there (all 4 of them), and they're incapable of processing the reality of climate change. So... who knows. Utterly adrift in a political wilderness.

I became so uncomfortable just being exposed to all this crap that I had to take a complete time out earlier to give the other daughter a manicure for no good reason. This is now why I cannot get any work done, and I need to go to sleep, but I need to get work done. What can be done about this, if anything? You know how people talk about the trigger warnings? Well, something ineffable about Mike Pence's facial expressions triggers my PTSD, which is almost never triggered. There you go. Nobody can protect me against Mike Pence's face. Trump talking about grabbing people by the pussy just kind of sets the mood, lights a candle for the main event. This is why in my heart of hearts I think all this stuff about trigger warnings is bullshit. However, I can tell you I am weary of all this crap.

Return to “Nerd Talk”