Stand Still Stay Silent

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Stand Still Stay Silent

Postby Mike » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:01 am

As mentioned on the podcast, this is a webcomic by Minna Sundberg. It's a post-apocalyptic tale set 90 years after the apocalypse. It starts in Iceland, but crosses all of Scandinavia. It is beautiful and amazing. There's 600+ pages currently, and Minna puts out 4-5 new pages a week.

Series starts .

It's very human and character-driven. What lies outside the safe zones is still largely mysterious to me (I'm 150 pages in right now). But if you need to be sold on this, let me give you the cover image for Chapter 3...

The TRAINSAW! Not its actual name. It's actually a luxury conveyance designed to keep the public safe between destinations.

Also from Minna Sundberg, I highly recommend . 550+ pages. This one is already complete, and it is really good. I consumed it in just a couple days.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Stand Still Stay Silent

Postby Mike » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:13 am

GAH!!!

I posted the above, and not 15 pages later, she completely pulled the rug out from under me. GAH!

GAH!

Totally freaked out now. So good. You'll know it when you get to it.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:28 pm

Okay. Caught up. NOW I can go play some Paranoia.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:08 pm

WooHoo! PARANOIA!!!
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Reika
Pastry Artisan

Postby Reika » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:29 pm

I'm up to page 220 something, it's been pretty interesting so far.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:41 pm

Cool. I like her style, and I love the characters. She's not afraid to have all her characters be deeply flawed and even complete jerks in their own ways. I'm very attached to the whole team.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:33 pm

Very well done. I like especially that she's taking her time, and that the scope is ingeniously limited. Love her running commentary also. I sent it to a student of mine who is an artist, but isn't really working, just as a model for the kind of projects one could undertake part time at first.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Reika
Pastry Artisan

Postby Reika » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:31 pm

Reika
Pastry Artisan

Postby Reika » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:28 am

I'm now all caught up, so now I have to wait on the daily updates. *sniffles* ;)

Also, I love the fact that the setting uses cats as guards. Her style reminds me a bit of Princess Mononoke, especially with the Beasts and Trolls.

Return to “Nerd Talk”