WTF Sequels

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: WTF Sequels

Postby Kyle » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:39 pm

I'm leaning towards removing TV movies- but I'm open to debate on it.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mimekiller » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:23 pm

Grease 2(REPRODUCCCTION)

Return To Oz
El Jefe
Cleric Thief
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby El Jefe » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:11 pm

Young Guns 2 probably shouldn't be on the list. It wasn't unexpected at the time of release, was a relative success (like the first film) and other than a different director, most of the writers and producers are the same. It's not exactly a WTF sequel.

Hell, it's arguably got the bigger, more recognizable cast.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:34 pm

Bring It On 2

I think some attention needs to be brought to the Land of Time series. Land Before Time 2, 6 years after the initial release might be ok. But there is no reason we should have Land Before Time 14 released eighteen years after the fact.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:45 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:48 pm

French Connection II is just a weird film with most of it about Popeye being forced to get addicted to drugs and then detoxing, a strange film.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:41 am

Okay, enough semantics... who's watching what, and do you have to rewatch the original for context before you do it?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:03 pm

Yeah, something called Descendants 2 exists, and is firmly in the wtf category, but what if Descendants 1 is worse and I don't know it?
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:00 pm

Not to nitpick but the idea of a WTF sequel is that the sequel is this obscure thing that's a follow-up to a well known film. TV movies were debated if they should be included but are you talking about the Made for TV Disney movie series? Well yea it doesn't count at all because the first film was even made for TV and no one remembers it not even the kids who watched it.

a Sequel I will go to bat for is FLY 2, is it a classic? of course not. But some cool yucky practical effects and a nice follow up to the story.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:05 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:30 am

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:55 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:02 pm

I know! I can't explain why somebody would commit that kind of crime against language and music, but I'm not going to deny that the right sort of person reading the right sort of Botany textbook prob would do it for me.

Return to “Nerd Talk”