Question for Darcs...

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Question for Darcs...

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:48 pm

What about the "Space girls Halloween"? (I'm quoting your wife there.)

I'm guessing I want to see pics.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Question for Darcs...

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:28 pm

Who told you about that?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:03 pm

I just want pictures.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:00 pm

I'm not sure any exist.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:04 pm

Was that the year I did The Blair Witch for my costume?
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:16 pm

No, I think it was a year or two prior. Which means, no cell phone pictures. Actually, it means no digital pictures, because it was before SB and I were married...which means I hadn't gotten her the digital camera. There would have to be an actual film picture somewhere, and I really don't think any were taken.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:25 pm

I had a digital camera back then, but I'm not sure if I was there for that one or not.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:30 pm

Woohoo! Cosplay!
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:15 am

Fine, I'll tell: It was my junior year of undergrad. Pat came up to visit me for our annual production of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, that my Sarah (Riff Raff) and I (Magenta) organized and ran. The night before or after we had decided to do a Halloween Pub Crawl and therefore Pat and I had ordered matching Space Girl costumes

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/52706258116257092/ These, to be exact, along with coordinating wigs (mine was purple, his the pink).

Then, with my friend Angie, we made a bet (after I had done extensive make-up and uh...practical effects) to see who would be hit on the most (I was much thinner and prettier then). As the night wore on, and people got drunker and drunker, it got darker and darker. They just didn't notice the deep voice or adams apple nearly as much and Pat definitely humiliated Angie and I by getting way more pick up attempts.
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:35 pm

Let's not forget that Angie went to an extra two bars.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:13 pm

I'm guessing Pat was without facial hair at the time, or was it one of those "big surprise" when "she" turns around things? I ask because, since I grew my hair long, even with the outrageously huge receding hairline and sometimes massively unkempt beard (I get lazy sometimes... OK, a lot of the time... Let's face it, that's probably why I grew the damned thing back when I was 18 to begin with... I just couldn't be bothered to shave every day...), I still occasionally get called ma'am by store clerks, especially in stores where they just expect female customers like craft stores.

I did go as a bearded lady one Halloween back in college. Unfortunately the woman I borrowed the skirt from was FAR too thin and I could barely breath in the damned thing! Being at a school with a mascot of the "Fighting Scots" it was, of course, a nice plaid skirt, but not a kilt. There were plenty of those on campus from band members. And pipe band members... (Though they do use"Pomp & Circumstance" for the graduation processional (I don't think we did when I was there, but they do now, but that might be revisionist memory...), before it starts playing, the pipers enter the room, and the recessional is ALWAYS pipe music!)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:27 pm

One of my favorite Pat and SB Halloween stories comes a couple years later. Pat and SB have a party that's costume required. I'm not a big costume guy, but, hell, when in Rome. I get to their apartment shortly after the party has begun and one of our oldest friends gets out of his car at the same time as me, dressed in full motley. His costume looked great, and made my thrown-together Blair Witch rip-off seem lame. Its worth noting at this juncture that our friend who just arrived met Pat in ninth grade, and MIGHT have met SB before that... I don't actually know the date on that. At this point, he's known them both for ten years, or more.

We walk into the party, saying hi to the few people we know. We each get a drink and begin to socialize. About 5 minutes later, he comes over to me with a look on his face that I can't quite describe. He pulls me aside and says "I dont know what to do." I asked him about what, and he says "There's a girl kissing Sarah Beth, and I dont know what to do."

I turned to look to see what he was concerned about, only to notice that the "girl" kissing SB was PAT. Lest you doubt his prowess in cosplay, he fooled someone who had known him for 10 years. The thought that "the girl kissing SB" was Pat never occurred to him.

I still tease him about this from time to time.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:00 pm

I'm still not giving him that gift back. He bought it for me on our date. It's mine by right.

Return to “Nerd Talk”