SUICIDE SQUAD!

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
TheMaster
Happy Medium
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

SUICIDE SQUAD!

Postby TheMaster » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:44 am

Who is going to watch it this weekend??

I have a group of 4 going to watch it. This is the most excited i have ever been for a DC movie. I'm shaking i'm so excited!
:banana: :banana: :banana:
Citizens of Earth, rejoice. Your Lord and Master stands on high.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: SUICIDE SQUAD!

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:08 am

My wife and son tell me they are going without me.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
TheMaster
Happy Medium
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TheMaster » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:30 am

you dont want to see it, or they dont want to see it with you lol
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:52 am

I desperately want to see it, but I'll be at GenCon.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:18 am

OH yeah! I totally forgot... you know, since i wont be there :(
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:53 pm

Barb and I plan to see it. I want it to be fun above all else.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:46 pm

the greatest foe the DC Universe ever faced: Rotten Tomatoes :raspberry:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:51 pm

I didn't even know they were doing a movie until I saw the Fandango message about it... and this one...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:15 pm

So, I saw it. I thought that these reviews were just trying to one-up each other on how creative they could be in bashing this film. It turns out that this movie deserves every bit of its backlash. I honestly think this might be one of the worst superhero movies I've ever seen. As good as Margot Robbie and Will Smith's performances were, I don't think it comes close to making up for what is just downright pathetic and sloppy filmmaking.

I'm sad because I wanted to like it.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:59 am

I freaking loved every second of this movie. I cant wait to watch it again. I want the Blu-ray. So many quotable lines. This is easily my favorite movie of the year!
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:42 am

Obviously opinions differ.... :)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:57 am

Haha. Maybe I'm in the minority.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:06 am

I think that because i have grown to expect disappointment from DC movies that i went in expecting to be disappointed, but i wasn't... at all. I am so glad it was as good as it was. i can't wait for the uncut version. It is just going to be that much more awesome.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:44 am

So basically, wait for rental?
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:26 am

The 3D cinematic experience is always worth it, but waiting to see it on DVD will probably give you a better movie (is it is an UNCUT version). Like i said, I love it as is. it has its problems, but it was fun.
buckett
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby buckett » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:31 am

Zombie, are you sure you weren't just driven insane by how ludicrously twisted Jared Leto's performance was?
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:03 pm

Ha.
Ha.
Ha.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:06 am

My daughter wants to see it. I am a bit strict on the movies we watch. Anything I'm going to freak out about in this one?

She's 14.

Possibly seeing it Friday night.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:46 am

the baddies are pretty ugly. there is gun violence. some cussing. the typical PG13 stuff. there are innuendos and insinuation but nothing revealing.... unless you count Harley quins outfit lol
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:49 am

There's a reveal late in the movie that makes it all worth while. It's probably even worth seeing in theater to get pushed back in your seat.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."

Return to “Nerd Talk”