GenCon 2016

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: GenCon 2016

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:27 am

When Pat and I finally get a winter rat, I intend on naming it Harrold for exactly that reason.
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Eliahad » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:24 pm

Time starts.......
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:57 am

... now.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:48 pm

Well, I am totally bummed that I don't get to ride along in the trunk for this, but it will be great to see everyone Sunday!
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:52 am

And... we are all together!
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:12 am

Fine. You guys all go off and have fun. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here looking at the prospect of a Thursday night without an NPR Rise of the Runelords game. :cry:
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:40 am

Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:56 am

Would love to! Unfortunately, I have to go drop my son off at "Camp Grandma" back in Indiana over the weekend, and not near Indianapolis, so I'll just have to imagine what it would be like to manhandle Mike's automobile.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:15 am

All roads lead to Indianapolis, though... :)

I am still debating whether I will be able to make it on Sunday. I had the GenCon site up and almost bought my badge yesterday... I might see if my neighbor is going on Sunday and we can pretend to be a family... They went last year.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:25 am

If it helps, GenCon is absolutely no fun without the rest of you here. We are miserable and drowning our sorrows in games and drink.

Thinking of just going home early.
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:54 am

:evil:
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:00 am

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:33 am

Hey- where is everyone else staying?
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:28 pm

I just found out one of my friends from college is there in Indy too... Gives me another reason to try to make the trip on Sunday...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:03 am

So, having one a four day pass for GenCon next year from the puzzle contest, I was pretty stoked that I actually made it to GenCon this year!

Upon reflection when I got home, I realized that I probably won't be able to use all 4 days of the pass and it would be a waste for me to use it... SO ... If Dave or Pat/Sarah Beth would like my pass, I would be happy to send it to you... If not there is a guy at work who would probably take it off my hands... :) (With the timing of the con next year being the 17th through 20th, it has a good chance of falling on move in day for my daughter's senior year of boarding school... and I know for sure that the final day of the con will definitely fall on my 29th wedding anniversary... that doesn't mean that I might not be there on Sunday next year... We usually don't do much celebrating on our anniversary anyway... My wife frequently has to work on the actual day, being a nurse... We can always celebrate on another day... sometime AFTER both of the kids have started school and we have the house to ourselves again... except for the dogs...)
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:48 am

They seem to have lousy timing of this thing where I'm concerned. I was hoping to go next year but the time in August really makes that impossible because kid schools will be starting up and there's way too much going on in those first few weeks. Maybe the year after that, who knows. By then I might be able to haul kids along with me, no problem.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:16 am

I saw everyone on Nelly's youtube video! So awesome!

Super jelly.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:36 am

What's Nelly's youtube? I need more Gencon!
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:37 pm

The Nerd Pride crew is in there somewhere.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:41 pm

I didn't get a chance to see Nelly this time... :( She was busy on Sunday I guess...

Return to “Nerd Talk”