Trump

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Trump

Postby mimekiller » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:48 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mimekiller » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:35 pm

Trump just deleted Michael Cohen from his MySpace “top 8”
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:53 pm

IF the legal news for Trump keeps getting worse... very real scenario:

Trump runs in 2020 and is defeated. As a lame duck, he pardons all of his family and close associates and resigns. His vice-president steps up and then pardons Trump. Trump goes on to keep making money and going on TV and being the same old Trump with the same rabid fanbase til the day he dies and suffers no consequences for his actions except the judgment of history.

But he won't be president, and that would be okay.

On the other hand, he could also get reelected and thus ride out the statute of limitations on his main crimes and still suffer no repercussions.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:00 pm

George W is getting a pardon from the media for giving a black chick a piece of candy at a funeral so anything is possible
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:23 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:38 pm

They already have worse than that with his felony violations (and conspiracy to commit violations) of election finance laws in an attempt to deceive the American public and influence the election. Other people are already convicted and sentenced on the charges in which he is named as a co-conspirator. Felonies committed to help win his office.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:18 pm

New FBI evidence suggests that in 2016, Donald Trump Jr. attempted to arrange a meeting with the demon dogs from Ghostbusters
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:57 pm

Actually, he sat down to a meeting with Russian agents on the promise of help with winning the election, while at the same time his dad was trying to cut a new Trump Tower deal in Moscow AND while he was altering the GOP platform to be softer on Russia.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:46 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:00 am

Don't forget, the kid tweeted out a major piece of evidence.

CNN apparently has a signed copy of 'intent to build' Moscow Trump Tower.

Pretty apparent where this is göing.

Trump Foundation closing down for persistent illegal conduct, joining Trump University. Multiple other Trump organizations are under heavy investigations.

Nobody wants to be chief of staff.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:56 am

Ken White is, as the kids say nowadays, giving me life with his recent essays on this sordid affair. The sad thing is that all of it was obvious pre-election. And it didn't seem to be too much of a problem to the electorate, much less sitting Senators, that somebody would compromise U.S. interests for god-knows-what personal gain. But you know, the GOP voters did it all for the unborn, who can rot in a cage in a jail until they die for all we care as long as they're not white babies whose parents came here when crossing the border wasn't so difficult. Our current national moral condition.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:02 am

"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:52 pm

FULL WITHDRAWAL FROM AFGHANISTAN NEXT! Great move!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/19/politics ... index.html
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:56 pm

Sorry, we won't be leaving Afghanistan any time soon; the russians don't want it anymore.

ya know, no longer having the responsibility for being the ostensible leader of the world (with often dubious credentials, but at least pretense of ethics) in technology, in science, in human rights, maybe isn't such a bad thing...in 1950.

The problem is that the globalization we have been championing because we thought it might be better if everyone played by our rules (diminishing bottom for poverty, worker humanity, at least lip service to rule of law, copyright...et al) rather than by the rules of your typical banana republic (not the store) has taken over.

So not having the world's best universities, military research, Nobel factories, etc means that we've ceded our edge (and it wasn't a great lead to begin with), at the worst possible time because now competition is global. Instead of having to be in the top 10% in your town (for your first jobs) or your state (for college) or your country for top line employment. Now you are competing with roughly 5 billion other adults. It's like giving Harvard away, and Yale, and West Point. Get a skilled hand trade so international geographic or Mike Rowe can photograph and celebrate you making some office jockey time zones away marginally more super-wealthy..Until they teach a machine to do it.

Folks who were worried about their "culture" being overcome or changed or lost because of immigration.... 45 has made sure you will be buried and forgotten.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:03 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:48 pm

Whelp Trump has now done more for peace then Obama. Even if his motives are suspects this is AMAZING.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-admi ... 1545341452
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:19 pm

Leaving a war without making peace is not peace.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:22 pm

Taking Americans out of harm's way is also not making peace. Violating our NATO agreement to get out of Afghanistan would also not necessarily make the world any safer.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:26 pm

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:47 pm

I don't think you're understanding your audience, Mime.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."

Return to “Nerd Talk”