Trump

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Trump

Postby mimekiller » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:15 pm

Entirely possible that the Republican candidate might come in third in the New Mexico senate race.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mimekiller » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:47 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:46 pm

Horseface, he says, to the woman he paid actual $$$$$$ to fuck! LOL, this country. Totally mindless at this point.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:53 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:00 pm

Right. The sex was free. The failed cover up was $130K.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:29 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:50 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:13 am

Warren's DNA stunt just killed her presidential campaign, but I don't feel bad because it showed convincingly she was the wrong person to do it. You either need someone who 'goes high' Michelle Obama style with great personal charisma and hammering on the obvious policies and issues, or you need someone who can also effectively ridicule Trump and sad to say, that person 95% likely must be an alpha male in the eyes of the voting public. A lady with the sad whiff of a desperation stunt trying to move Trump is not going to work. She should have stuck to her devastating methodical criticisms of the financial oligarchy and kept talking about how the GOP is undermining Capitalism now. Her role is "good/smart/trusted", not "gotcha games" and she blew it. In a world where people don't really give a shit that Trump calls her Pocahontas, this is Reality. By next summer a better set of candidates needs to emerge. It's terrifying.

Meanwhile people are pissed at T.I. Would I mock the first lady? No. I would not. Do I laugh at all the hypocrites who are chanting Lock Her Up at not just Hillary but also Christine Ford, yet crying about T.I.? Yes, yes I do. Sorry, she chose that jacket to wear as a stupid little political stunt, so if it's just a jacket, then I suppose it's just a video. Kids in cages won't know the difference. Wonder if I should stop talking now that they dismember dissenters.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:58 am

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:31 am

Libs were fine with the Clintons covering up murder, but when Trump does it, suddenly it's a bad thing.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:32 am

That is EXACTLY what my Republican "family and friends" are saying. We are at the point where I will speak with one of them, the one who is a grand pessimist about all humanity, so at least consistent. Holidays are going to be a weird thing this year. I'm done with these fascists. Not invited into my home again, period. The phone calls appealing directly to my husband have already begun! Sorry, I will not move on this. Butchers kill this journalist who criticized Trump and you're okay with it, and you say in public that Ford should be imprisoned for her false allegation? I will be fucked if I am giving you entry into my home or a slice of the roast beast. I do not care anymore. I will not associate with them.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:56 pm

Trump now talking about passing a tax cut for the middle class, thus inadvertently reinforcing the obvious fact that the previous tax cut was not for the middle class but only for the wealthiest. Would laugh but... The limbs being sawed off and it's cool with folks.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:59 am

I'm really at a low ebb on this stuff, maybe because we have recent reminders that moderate Republicans have gone completely extinct, and because it's so clear that the media will always be an enabler of Trump's agenda and never figure out how to deal with it. Any outlets that tilt left and get criticized for it seem to be desperately seeking the veneer of balance, and others that have embraced their left-leaning audience nevertheless pander completely to everything Trump says and does as if they are puppets on a string. The "caravan" is the most obvious case in point but there are so many. Dumb people all around this country are 100% convinced that George Soros has funded this migrant caravan to invade our homeland with Bad People. And why is that? Maybe because all the reporting on it treats it like some unusual event that will lead to a crisis, as opposed to a normal situation that gets dealt with by border control all the flipping time. If you look at individual newspapers, especially in border states where there's a greater level of awareness of the reality on the ground, the type of reporting being done on immigration is completely different - like what effect bottlenecks at the processing centers actually have on illegal crossings, or what actually happens to migrants who are turned away or make it across. Would that CNN could figure this out and follow. Would that even one outlet had the courage to call lies what they are! Instead of saying that things are asserted without factual support, or that a statement was made one day that contradicts the statement made the other day, just state that someone lied, and continues to lie. And don't make that the main story. I don't need a story about what Trump tweeted today, or what bullshit he spouted at a rally paid for by my tax dollars. How about starting with a factual headline and a factual reporting of an issue, and then including a sentence pointing out that Trump lied about it today?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:14 pm

I must sail into a den of so many of these crazies tomorrow, all day long. I must not fight with them. I must smile placidly and laugh as if they are toddlers talking their crazy talk about space monsters or something, but really it's about innocent babies that they are 100% okay with killing, even as they complain that other people are the ones okay with killing innocent babies, because ... dumb. It's cool y'all, I'll take that slight tax cut that you are still dreaming you actually got.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:17 pm

Bombs targeting critics, 2 black people shot by a racist, synagogue shot up, all in a single week.

Tell me that those aren't related.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:24 pm

The fact that Trump whined that coverage of attempted terror bombings was detracting from so-called GOP momentum going into the elections is disgusting.
Reel on a repeating loop
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:28 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:58 am

The twitter pics of Finns raking their forests are really good. You get to this point though... I need to know why people are cool with this. People are dying. And some of us are just so very cool with an idiot making idiotic comments about it, when he's uniquely able to mobilize resources to help, or encourage future planning that mitigates against it.
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:40 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:19 pm

The fires are not forest fires. They aren't in managed wildlife areas at all for the most part.

If they were though, 57 percent of California's forests are owned and managed by the federal government. The state has nothing to do with their safety planning. Another 40 percent is owned by native American tribes, private enterprise, and private families. That leaves 3% owned and managed by California--none of which is 8nvolved in the current crisis.

Therefore, I would say that the president's sentiment of "this is their own fault and they need to get their shit together or we'll stop giving them money" goes beyond just being poorly worded. It is untrue information being presented as accurate by the president when he has every ability... every resource available... to know better. And he is expressing a sentiment that I find repugnant in laying blame on victims and saying "we should not help these people because their problems are their own fault."

I think we are fortunate that we have extremely resiliant institutions in this nation that, so far, have been able to withstand these various assaults. The president says something like this, but FEMA still does it's job as intended. The president says he wants to end birthright citizenship and that he has experts telling him he can do it by executive order, but our constitutional processes remain in place and everyone agrees he can do no such thing. Every election so far that has not gone the way he wants, he and his followers have declared to be the result of cheating and massive election fraud, in spite of having zero evidence to support that. But so far, no election results have actually been overturned, no matter how loudly he demands it. He has routinely attacked the media to sow distrust in any news. He attacks, belittles, and tries to silence those who disagree with him, but our justice system is strong enough yet that one of his own judicial appointees ruled that he had no grounds to strip Acosta of his white house press pass. But he even attacks his own justice system and his own appointees. All of it has weathered this storm so far. But it's a tough fight if it goes til 2024.

Out of curiosity, do you NOT see this as him working (intentionally or not) to undermine our free press, our electoral system, our justice system, etc? And if you don't think that's what he's doing, I'm curious as to how you view his actions on all of the above matters and more.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.

Return to “Nerd Talk”