Trump

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Trump

Postby FlameBlade » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:58 pm

NRA.

Wow.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby akiva » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:47 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:54 am

Honestly it's the straw on the camel for me; so depressed about this shit state of affairs and looming threat of U.S. fascism, it affects actual depression in life. Realize the last thing we need is internal conflict, so there is no joy in any told-ya-so or thank-god-you-finally-see-it. Maybe I would feel differently if I were happy or happy with self, at least, but there is nothing but gray desert anymore.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:41 pm

Hoping for mass chaos and riots for Unite the Right 2 in August. Civil War 2
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:37 am

It's not like this is news, but I think it's true that the only cure for this insanity is to vote out every single GOP candidate from dogcatcher on up. They are all 100% ok with all of it despite the rhetoric, because it would be simple to do otherwise. I don't understand why the media lets this bullshit pass. Literally just read an article comparing one candidate's demonstrated positions with the opponent's similar "rhetoric" as if they count just the same, despite the opponent's long line of votes in the opposite direction. So now you can just lie and pretend you didn't vote the way you did, and the news reports that you believe what you lied, rather than how you voted? It's like we have the opposite of what is being called fake news. Also waiting for it to become standard, basic practice to call Trump and Sanders and McConnell lies exactly what they are. "Today, Pres. Trump lied that he did not say or do a thing, though yesterday he did and said it. Then Sanders lied about it." Why is this hard?
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:56 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:54 pm

Is this the Tiger Blood kind of winning or the dragon energy kind, assuming those are even two different things?
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:46 pm

This is the kind of winning where an arsonist thinks he deserves a medal for putting out a fire he started.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:27 am

Yes. Cause a ton of damage and then cry victory when everyone agrees to talk about rolling back the damage.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:52 am

What you see happening is not really what's happening, y'all! Especially if you're a soybean farmer. Pay no attention to the overall massive decline in soybean prices and cancelled orders and rise of Brazil in the market! Look only to the recent tiny uptick caused by policy changes in the EU that have nothing to do with Trump, but be sure to give Trump credit for this in the media where reporters don't know anything about ag!
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:48 pm

I like how he created a crisis everyone told him not to create and then by ending the crisis he thinks he's the hero. That's not healthy.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:16 am

Watch this pattern. It's gonna repeat so many times. That's how he shifts the Overton Window. By reframing the terms of debates.

Clue in ancient Greece.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:48 am

We've reached a critical point when Giuliani claims collusion ain't so bad a thing. We got here quicker than I thought. If there's no pushback, this will begin to spread into the GOP like a virus. For remember in 2004, Abu Ghraib went from "a few bad apples" to "damn right we torture!" within a few months time. But this isn't terrorism or war-related, it's an attack on our democracy, so maaaaybe it'd be different this time?

And none of this was a mistake. This a purposeful trial-balloon to see if people will go along with them. There needs to be pushback.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:33 am

Pretty much yes/no moment.

I cannot understand why Cohen is leaking tapes. It feels like it only serves to shift narrative to, Yeah, we did it. So what?

Clue in ancient Greece.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:39 am

Cohen's lawyer is releasing tapes to help Michael Cohen. I don't get the strategy, but it seems that he is perfectly willing to turn on Trump to save his own ass. Whatever he's doing in the public eye is just theater to serve that end.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:40 pm

Did a second tape come out? My only question is how deep the rabbithole goes and for how long. Russian money funneled through NRA explains a whole truckload of GOP compliance with Trump. We need all new people, with very minor exceptions. All new. All voted out.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:22 pm

Anyone wants an ostrich suit?

Clue in ancient Greece.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:54 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Nice.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:42 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지

Return to “Nerd Talk”