Do You Find This Amusing?

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Do you find the quote below amusing, apt, both, neither?

Amusing
No votes
Apt
13%
Both
13%
Neither
75%
Don't care
No votes

Total votes: 8
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Do You Find This Amusing?

Postby Phoebe » Thu May 31, 2018 6:58 pm

"Julie Fiske has now entered that phase of life where, we're told, her face had acquired that "yesterday's-dessert" look common to the late middle-aged."
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Re: Do You Find This Amusing?

Postby bralbovsky » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:47 pm

I think the writer of such a remark should be required to post his/her own photo near this sentence.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:40 pm

Agreed. I have no clue why this is supposed to be either apt or amusing, but as the target of the description I am non-objective. Apparently some people's attitude toward yesterday's dessert is, "Old and was in the fridge but yeah, still want to eat it!" We misanthropic rhubarb shortcakes feel hostile about that. Our preference for "enthusiastic yes" is well-established by now (and please, not from Boss #2, though he is the best of that lot).
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:28 pm

Tahlvin, you have ruined this for me.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:55 pm

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:26 pm

Now I feel guilty if I post anything critical of my spouse. The gist of it is that I realized there is a high probability I will go through life and never once have purchased a car, even a used one, of my own. That's okay but I need to reconsider my feelings about transactional relationships.

Return to “Nerd Talk”