There was a Calving

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Walrus
Bicycle Repairman

There was a Calving

Postby Walrus » Wed May 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Now that we are home finally
The Walrus has reproduced!
May 7 at 36weeks Sabine Jennifer Dax arrived
<3 :banana: :cheers: :D <3

She's everything we hoped for, including ALIVE! And a lot that we didn't think of!
We stayed in NICU with her Till she was released yesterday.

Got to admit, the practice of discharging mothers 48 hours after major abdominal surgery (despite any other abominal surgery being a 2+week inpatient stay) and keeping bub, expecting mother to make every 2 hour stops at hospital is astomishingly short-sighted - Mrs Walrus was i the ER for followup care 3 times during our stay after her discharge. A lot of pain and agrovation could have been saved by just having mum stay inpatients with bub.

However - despite hospital policy to never let premies leave until they regain their birth weight, we are home, last weigh in, 2 ounces shy of that.
I'm fluent in 4 languages, know a little in 2 others, but all I speak is sarcasm. :sarcasm:
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: There was a Calving

Postby Phoebe » Wed May 23, 2018 6:50 pm

How wonderful! Congratulations and I love the name!!! I agree it is somewhat barbaric not to let Mom hang around for a few more days.
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Wed May 23, 2018 7:22 pm

Hey, congratulations! Sorry to hear about Mrs. Walrus and the early arrival, but i'm glad that everyone is home now.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu May 24, 2018 5:26 am

Congrats!
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu May 24, 2018 7:00 am

Congrats!

If I had merch, I'd send you a Nerd Pride onesie or something. Mazel tov!
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Walrus
Bicycle Repairman

Postby Walrus » Fri May 25, 2018 10:30 am

Thanks all.
Mrs Walrus is struggling with some post-op recovery stuff, and with emotional issues tied to her older brother who was stillborn. But we are slowly getting things under control.

Got a couple of nerdy baby clothes (a onesy with a beholder on it from best friend for example) but mostly just regular what we can find type idea. :cheers:

Anyway, that's the hill of shit at the Walrus house.
I'm fluent in 4 languages, know a little in 2 others, but all I speak is sarcasm. :sarcasm:
Walrus
Bicycle Repairman

Postby Walrus » Fri May 25, 2018 11:16 am

So, A moment of levity
Mrs Walrus was taking something upstairs,then going to check on Sabine.
She didn't hear me come upstairs, and go into room to look in on Sabine, room was dark
Wife enters room, sees shape over Sabine, then thinks
"Holy shit, get away from my baby! I need a weapon! I am naked! "
And says
"I will giant titty slap you!"
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Sat May 26, 2018 7:37 am

Do not underestimate giant titty slap.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Walrus
Bicycle Repairman

Postby Walrus » Sat May 26, 2018 9:17 am

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sat May 26, 2018 7:50 pm

With a nipple ring of protection against... Well, something. I had something in mind, but it escapes me at the moment.

Regardless, congratulations, Walrus!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."

Return to “Nerd Talk”