Your first rodeo.

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Your first rodeo.

Postby Kyle » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:07 pm

You hear the phrase, "This ain't my first rodeo, pal." Meaning: I know what I'm doing. But there's something enjoyable about going to experience something you've never done. I mean, imagine you've never been to the rodeo before and then you went to your first one-- it would be awesome! All the roping and the animals and everyone drinking beer they brought in a cooler and having a grand time! And every other rodeo after that would still be cool, but they'd never recapture the fascination and pleasure you got from your first rodeo.

So what "first rodeos" would you like to experience?

Two weekends ago I went to my first demolition derby. Y'all, the demolition is the best. The best. You think you know what it's going to be like: a bunch of cars running around a dirt track and smashing in to each other. And y'all. Y'all! That's exactly what it is! And it's so much better than you think it's going to be! The best is the cars that come in without any damage. And even if they have the best driver, you know they're going to leave looking like they just wrestled with Truckzilla-- and they do! I really is the best. I contemplated quitting my job and following the demolition derby circuit around the country. That's how much fun I had.

But I recognize that maybe the demolition derby isn't for everyone. So what are other "first rodeos" people want to try? Skydiving? Grand Canyoning? Glow bowling?
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Your first rodeo.

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:34 pm

Roller Derby - what I've seen of it on youtube looks awesome. The Mad Rollin Dolls are local, but in all my years getting somebody to watch the kids is for movie premiers only.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:38 pm

Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:55 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:00 am

Luckily don't really have one of these. Have some things from childhood might like to go back to again someday, when less busy.

Return to “Nerd Talk”