Do you have a uniform?

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Do you have a uniform?

Postby Phoebe » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:06 pm

Curious about this because I'm thinking of trying to systematize.

My husband has two uniforms. He can wear a white shirt, tie, and suit or jacket combo, which is always accompanied by a particular kind of white T-shirt underwear and black sock, all of which are identical to one another. Or he can throw on a random t-shirt and shorts or jeans. There is nothing in between. The in between zone is a hellish sport that leads to crisis every time we have to go someplace dressy casual. But when it comes to the uniforms everything is completely solid and systematized.

My own situation is precisely the opposite. And there is something appealing about always selecting one of the same outfits and wearing it five days in slightly varied iterations. The problem is I don't know what the basic uniform would be. I can't find duplicates of the best pants I have because they don't seem to make them anymore. Button down shirts usually don't fit right on me and often for women require ironing or some b*******. It used to be sweaters or a little shirt plus a cardigan, and now I'm way too hot at all times to tolerate sweaters. I have no idea. It's like we're forced toward Chico's because there's nothing else. And that's just tragic.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Re: Do you have a uniform?

Postby FlameBlade » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:03 pm

Yes. It's whatever that has chalk or dry erase markers marks on it. That's nmy uniform.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:37 pm

Pit black (causal all black).
Dress Black (all black suit).
Concert Black Tuxedo.
White tie and tails.
Dress pants and colored dress shirt.
Regular everyday clothes.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:10 am

I have a strictly regimented uniform until August when I retire, technically June when I start terminal.
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:39 pm

Work: Black dress pants, a kelly green or black shell, black Dansko clogs, pearls on my left wrist, and a long black 3/4 sleeve button up sweater left open.

Weekend errands: Tentacle design fitted tee, jeans, matching Chucks.

Home - Oversized sweatpants, thick fuzzy socks, an oversized nightgown, and an oversized sweatshirt. Basically a bag lady. But it's comfy.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:49 pm

Sorry, no uniform. Best I can offer is I wear khaki shorts as often as possible so long as it’s above freezing.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."

Return to “Nerd Talk”