Battleship Potemkin

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Battleship Potemkin

Postby akiva » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:53 pm

For my 7th graders, we covered Russian history. So for the last 2 days, I'm showing them "Battleship Potemkin."

Even though it's 90 years old, silent, and about events they don't really get, they all have been riveted by the Odessa Steps sequence.
Reel on a repeating loop
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Re: Battleship Potemkin

Postby Eliahad » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:08 pm

Ooooh, who is playing the score?
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:01 pm

"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:51 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:52 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:28 am

Cool!

There's a movie called Strike! (from the same director) about oppressed Russian factory workers (pre-revolution) trying to start a strike. It doesn't end well since the monarchy puts it down rather dramatically. From my understanding its a pretty accurate representation of the working classes' conditions. I also know the people who recorded the score for a more recent version of that film...It's pretty good.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."

Return to “Nerd Talk”