TV Shows

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

TV Shows

Postby Phoebe » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:44 am

I know there's a "what are you watching" thread, but I have a separate question. If you were to name the top few TV shows you have watched in their totality over the past decade or so, the ones that really grabbed you as most compelling and challenging, or were most original and important, what would those be? Which show would you want to spend a weekend bingeing through with a friend you suddenly discovered had never seen it?
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Re: TV Shows

Postby Tahlvin » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:35 am

Forever. Immortal British doctor, who, when he dies, comes back to life in a nearby body of water without any clothes on. Works as a medical examiner in NYC, becomes a crime-solving partner to a widowed police detective.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:40 pm

Drama: "Breaking Bad." Astonishingly good, especially the last few episodes. I think "Ozymandias" (the second to last episode) is the best hour of TV drama every made.

Comedy: "Arrested Development." I just love this show to death. Well the fourth season on Netflix wasn't very good, but the first three are great.
Reel on a repeating loop
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:30 pm

Six Feet Under and West Wing (which I've just started watching a few days ago but am into season 2 now and HOT DAMN is Aaron Sorkin amazing).
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:56 pm

WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:05 pm

Isaac and Ishmael was a great episode. I didn't mind that they weren't incorporating 9/11 into the show, since they had done all the planning beforehand, and quite frankly it took us a few years to really process and understand what happened. They couldn't have realistically kept up with the fallout in an honest way.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:22 pm

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지

Return to “Nerd Talk”