Good gifts for the nerd who has everything

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

Good gifts for the nerd who has everything

Postby Mike » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:43 pm

Inspired by Ron on episode 211:

Dice--any cool dice set really
Quirky card games
- Fluxx
- Poo
- Spot It
- Cobras
- Exploding Kittens
- Hanabi
Lava Lamp - seriously, does your nerd have a lava lamp?

Other stuff?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Good gifts for the nerd who has everything

Postby Eliahad » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:59 pm

Sushi Go!
The Oregon Trail!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:13 pm

Yes!

I'm asking for The Great Dalmuti.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:11 am

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:04 am

a dice tower...home made works great...get your kids involved with the razor knives, glue and foam. What could go wrong?
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:54 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:34 am

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:02 pm

One of the only AICN annual features I liked was the nerd gift guide, sad its not here this year!
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:04 pm

A personalized embosser to mark each roleplaying book as their own. I just purchased one for a nerdy friend and she loved it.
Walrus
Bicycle Repairman

Postby Walrus » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:44 pm

I'm fluent in 4 languages, know a little in 2 others, but all I speak is sarcasm. :sarcasm:
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:16 pm

You can get one in Nerd Pride colors on Amazon for US $15. That's only, like, $580 Canadian or something like that.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:25 pm

I used to have a lava lamp in my bedroom throughout middle and high school. I don't remember what happened to it. Classic lava lamp. None of these goofy colors the kids have today.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:10 pm

If you have the $$$, any of these solve a mystery packages from https://www.mysteriouspackage.com/ is well worth it. Tons of fun.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:49 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:22 am

What about good gifts for guys, generally? Y'all old guys who need nothing are hard to buy for.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:13 pm

Nifty tools. Nerf. New books, old films. Old books, new films. Nifty but subtle swag from a favorite game or show, ie, a witcher medallion.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."

Return to “Nerd Talk”