Hats

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hats

Postby Elle » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:36 pm

How do you feel about hats? Do you wear hats? I know Caz has a Fez, but is that the only one/kind?

For many years now I have hardly ever worn a hat - except of course in winter when it's freezing and you need that sort of hat. I mean in nice weather. I had a bad straw hat for desperate anti-sun measures, but not a regular thing. Recently gave that hat away. Before that I used to wear baseball or farmer-type hats fairly often, and for some reason just stopped. Now suddenly I find myself owning not just one new hat, but two! Surprise hat sales. I got one really large brimmed one for hiking/gardening/major sun events, and then I got a visor! A visor, imagine! It's the cutest thing. I'm so perfectly middle aged now, with my visor! However, it might prevent me from being entirely covered in a sheen of freckles by July.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Re: Hats

Postby Cazmonster » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:23 pm

Barb knits - so I have a couple of wonderfully serviceable knit hats for when it gets cold. Aside from them and my fez, there are a handful of baseball caps knocking around our place. I don't use them as my head is roughly the size of a casaba melon and I have my curly hair.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:59 pm

I always wished I could pull off a pork pie hat, but I look like an idiot.
Reel on a repeating loop
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:38 am

I have only a vague notion of what you look like, but . (And no, I don't mean the flowers in the hair or the beanie - you gotta roll a few seconds in...) The white docs are highly desirable but optional, and I would skip the bow tie completely, but I'm pretty sure rectangular or otherwise geometric wire rimmed sunglasses are required to go with the hat. It's all so very Southern Gentleman. Totally work-appropriate. And the bracelet - that really completes it. Keep in mind he usually carries a cane, too. Have you considered carrying a cane? I mean, someday many of us are going to need one - why not for fashion?

And may I just add, merely watching one Fishbone video causes my energy bar (isn't that what they call it in video games? power bar? XM bar? whatever) to immediately triple. Few people have even a quarter of the sheer human energy that Angelo has. I always wonder whether he's like that all the time and whether he is able to, say, apply the same vigor to cooking or getting the mail or talking about books that he exhibits on stage. It's truly incredible. When I was young I used to go to some of their shows and I would always strive to be front and center because it is a phenomenal experience just to be in the vicinity of people with So Much Energy. You feel like you can leap buildings. Powers!!!
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:31 am

I'm not sure if I could pull that look off. Also, southern gentleman is not really my thing--not really southern (thought my New England cousins would disagree), certainly not a gentleman.
Reel on a repeating loop
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:34 am

Well, I agree with you pork pie is not the look for most people (cf. how it makes even Gene Hackman look ridiculous, and he's hotttt), so maybe you need something sharp but still somewhat slouchy:

I'm not sure what you would call this hat but it also reminds me of the Joe Strummer hat look (or A hat look of his, I should say):

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:22 pm

My son went through a phase a year or so ago where we would wear a fedora like that.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:26 pm

Together? Or two different hats?
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:38 pm

My son can pull off the straw fedora look MUCH better than I can...

I'm mostly a baseball cap kind of guy... though, oddly, I also have curly hair and a fairly large noggin... my sign that I need a haircut is when my hair curls over the sides of my hats.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:26 pm

Well, he did walk around wearing both fedoras at the same time for part of the time...
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:23 pm

If I wind up shaving my head this summer, I'm thinking about getting a bucket hat. They look like they'd give you good coverage from the sun.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."

Return to “Nerd Talk”