Unintentional/Vestigial racism/discrimination in consumer products

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unintentional/Vestigial racism/discrimination in consumer products

Postby Ronster » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:18 am

Caucasian colored Band-Aids...why make most of them this color? Delete that whole idea and go with bright blue (I saw this once in a BBC show called "Chef" where one of the workers lost their band-aid and it wasn't blue as required by their food handling regulations) or some graphic design, just not that color only. I suppose there will be times when you don't want a bright blue bandaid on you...I dunno.

-update...it appears this is already being addressed very well by some manufacturers

"Skin Color" crayon...is that even a thing anymore? Why did it ever exist?

Please add your own examples of vestigial discrimination or racism
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Re: Unintentional/Vestigial racism/discrimination in consumer products

Postby mimekiller » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:09 am

Angel/Devil cake. Oh so blacks are devils and whites are angels?

Pool: Last act of the game is a white ball hitting a black ball into a hole, who designed this? the KKK?

Return to “Nerd Talk”