What would YOU do

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What would YOU do

Postby mimekiller » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:41 pm

So I ordered something for 20 dollars and received a item that costs nearly 200, after double checking the receipt to make sure that yes, I was only charged 20 I had some options.

A.Don't call anyone, thank the gods of shopping and go about my life

B.Call the company in hopes of rectifying the mistake

C.Five easy pieces my life and go logging in the northwest

So I went with B, they shall be sending someone to pick up the package tomorrow and sending me my much cheaper item as soon as possible. I mean I feel good that I was honest but I also feel like a chump for not just keeping the item in question. What the item is is completely unimportant to the question, what would YOU do.(feel free to come up with another option if you can think of one)
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Re: What would YOU do

Postby Phoebe » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:23 pm

Assuming the item is returnable, then yeah, let them know. I would do that regardless, but a bonus fact is that half the time, when this kind of thing occurs, the company may tell you to keep the item because the costs of dealing with it end up being higher than letting the mistake go.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Re: What would YOU do

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:14 pm

B. I always think of what I would want people to do if I accidentally sent them something more expensive than what they’ve ordered. Doesn’t matter if it’s from a mom & pop store, or a big box chain.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"

Return to “Nerd Talk”