[COSPLAY] How to be a Troubleshooter, CHEAP!

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[COSPLAY] How to be a Troubleshooter, CHEAP!

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:37 am

Being a big guy, I am not finding red coveralls on the cheap. There are medical scrubs that we could order in the exact same color. An outfit would run $35 to $40 each. Gee Hee Hee!
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Re: [COSPLAY] How to be a Troubleshooter, CHEAP!

Postby FlameBlade » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:03 pm

Get a cheap white jumpsuit and dye it. This has been done for MST3K cosplayers
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:22 am

A search for turned up plenty of options in the $30-$45 range, . Not sure what size you're looking for.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:54 am

QC Supply has more sizes and they can embroider!

This plan is coming together!!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:49 am

Here's the classic uniforms I'm picturing. I always say "coveralls", but technically, it's overalls.

Always annoys me when they show them with white t-shirts on under their overalls. Troubleshooter get shot wearing a white shirt. Technically, you can wear a red shirt under your red overalls (or can even do black overalls with a red shirt... whatever), but red over black feels best for me. If anyone wants to go with orange or yellow or green or whatever, that's fine, as long as most of the group is in red.

If we decide to do this as a real group cosplay, I'd want us to all order the same item from the same supplier to make sure colors match. Then we need black boots/shoes. Black or red socks. Some sort of patch/label as a nametag (matching again). Lastly, it looks like the brown utility/gun belt is pretty standard. If we want to find some sort of standard laser pistol and/or communicators or whatever, we can add that on.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:28 am

I can do alterations/badges/etc. Just ftr
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:57 am

For the laser pistol, I would suggest getting one of those Nerf pistols and painting it. I've seen a number of paint jobs posted to Adam Savage's Twitter timeline that look pretty cool.

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:30 pm

Here's one painted red and black, I think it was for a Hellboy scheme:

And a similar one "aged":

I'd probably reverse the paint scheme in order to have the barrel be red rather than black. The gun costs about $13 on Amazon, then a little bit for paint, and a little bit of time to paint them. I'd say we have one person paint all of them at the same time, so they all look the same and we can use an assembly-line-type process to paint them all at once.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:08 pm

Yo. Red overall/coveralls made out of scrubs material:

https://smile.amazon.com/Medgear-Unisex ... B00WXMQUMU

$25.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:27 pm

Those are absolutely perfect. Reflects the high quality material troubleshooter uniforms are known for. They're the right cut. Right now, they don't have anything larger than XL in the red, but if we can order them from the supplier or find another source, I think the 3X will fit me. Otherwise, if we can find another brand/style that fits everyone for under $35(ish) each, I'm happy with whatever.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:46 pm

They also serve double duty for your Mario cosplay.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:40 am

From Walmart, those come in 3X.

As cool as painted Nerf Mavericks are, I think I'd want something lighter to carry around all day.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:35 pm

Like These! Unfortunately, they're only on ebay and they only have 5 in stock.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:42 am

I still really want to do this. Also, somebody should be packing a Cone Rifle.

Also, the SPIRIT Halloween stores are open for your cosplay needs!

Return to “Nerd Talk”