[Deep Thoughts] Glass Not Half Full

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

[Deep Thoughts] Glass Not Half Full

Postby Kyle » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:11 am

Who do you know who is living life to the fullest?
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [Deep Thoughts] Glass Not Half Full

Postby bralbovsky » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:04 pm

There's a big difference between half-full and spilling over the rim.
We tend to overlook our many blessings, and see that 'Hey, there's nearly half a glass of unused capacity/potential that's going to waste here.'

Overfull is also wasteful, as anybody who enjoys old port or old scotch will attest to. Leave some space so you can relax a little while you wander back to your table.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:14 pm

Big Jim (aka Jim Priz).
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:15 pm

Lately I'm living exactly the same way that I drive a go-kart, and as Bill points out, that is not necessarily a good thing, though it translates favorably if you like to win go-kart races. I'd like to have some space left over for stumbling idly back to my table, now and again. Things are way too intense.

Return to “Nerd Talk”