[Deep Thoughts] Half the Battle

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

[Deep Thoughts] Half the Battle

Postby Kyle » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:17 pm

How would you react if there was irrefutable proof that God doesn’t exist? How about if there was irrefutable proof that God does exist?
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [Deep Thoughts] Half the Battle

Postby Bonefish » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:44 pm

Probably no different than I do now.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:40 pm

Don't even know what that would mean. What God? What sort of proof? I'm sitting right here writing a post - what more do people need? I have three grandkids who ain't too shabby either: Hecate, Apollo, and Artemis.
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:17 am

Not sure how you'd have irrefutable proof of a negative, but my life wouldn't change much.

If God was proven to exist? I guess my reaction would be
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:31 am

:cheers:
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:37 pm

If a god was proven to exist, I would want to know what his rules were. Is it an ambivalent, disinterested god? Does he have the commonly-believed in heaven and hell? Something else entirely?
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:34 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:30 pm

Still wondering what the irrefutable proof looks like.
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:01 am

Cthulhu. It's always a mountain sized demon beast with writhing tentacles.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:36 pm

I feel like you're stereotyping the cephalopods. They're not always writhing. Not always demon beasts.
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:24 am

No, I'm fine with the cuddlefish. But Cthulu in particular, he's a dick.

Return to “Nerd Talk”