Dozing Nazis

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Dozing Nazis

Postby WillyGilligan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:57 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:12 pm

I am not feministing much in public any longer because on the one side you get psychos harassing people like Mike described (which as Mike says gets false-equivalenced with doxxing marching nazis), and on the other side I would be pissing off half the people I know by making simple statements like: the whole "manspreading" to-do is mostly nonsense that undermines more important feminist concerns.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:32 pm

Back to the main topic for a moment: what would you think about it if the target of the doxxing has anonymity about as good as what we enjoy here at this site? I.e. people using fake names but leaving other data trails that make it pretty easy to find them if you tried?

I also want to add that I'm asking because this is a real live issue for me and I actually value the opinions of the people here more than most people I know to ask.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:44 pm

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:34 am

I can kind of understand wanting to dox the alt right. They've been doing it for a while to feminists. It's a bad thing, but it's getting to where not doing it is disarming yourself.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:38 pm

I had to redo this post. I really can't get it solved when I'm not in front of the computer. The basic problem here is dealing with people who are purposely lying.

Return to “Nerd Talk”