Trump

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Trump

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:19 pm

Oh man, you're kidding me! That guy was awesome. I love his crazy theatrics, so full of feeling and gesture! Now we're left with the boring angry lady who says absolutely nothing or the snotty, bald mendacity of Kelly Ann. Sad.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby FlameBlade » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:51 am

We already went 3 news cycles since Mooch's firing. How screwed Trump is now? Really want to say that Prebius leaked that one about dictating.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:45 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:51 am

Check out of the news for a while and wow, so much.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:03 pm

And then there's Seth Rich. In particular, a lawsuit saying Fox News allegedly fabricated the whole story with White House.

Damn.

Clue in ancient Greece.
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:45 am

Weirdly, though I find the man incredibly suspect, I'm trying to look at the policies actually going into place. The RAISE act is...being framed well in some circles. Prioritize people that can hit the ground running over people that will struggle to adapt. I KNOW that some but not all of the supporters of this thing want this to prioritize white people over other groups and I'm not in favor of that. But I haven't seen anything specific to this bill that is that horrible.

And he's still not getting impeached unless the Dems get the votes in the Senate or he does something the Right can't overlook. So I'm not pinning any hopes to it.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:29 am

Trump, the man who hates leaks, retweeted a Fox News story that was based on leaked information about North Korea. He's such a disgusting hypocrite.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:59 pm

I don't even want to click on whatever this is my phone is trying to tell me about Trump. It looks from a glance like maybe he sent a Fruit Tower to Robert Mueller, and nobody is sure whether it was a bribe/gift or whether the fruit is dangerous? God help us, that could be a better version than whatever this turns out to be. Every day is a new adventure, everything he does is a balloon.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:42 pm

Trump learns from American intelligence of new North Korean nuclear potential.

Trump threatens "fire and fury" in response to potential North Korean aggression.

North Korea suggests that a preemptive strike against Guam may be warranted.

Nothing to get worked up over.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:17 am

Guam? What did Guam do?! Jesus please no nuclear war. Or any other major war. It's nauseating to feel like this could happen and most of humanity, including anyone who would actually die, is relatively powerless to do a damn thing about it. What do we do? Keep those cards and letters coming? Try to change public opinion and thus put pressure toward alternatives? It seems so vast and beyond reach, all this completely crazy shit. Please, no.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:26 am

Because Guam is U.S. territory and contains 160,000 Guamanians who are all U.S. citizens. Not to mention the big-ass military installation there. And it's the nearest chunk of America to North Korea, so it is the most believable possible target for North Korean missiles.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:31 am

Also, I got my order wrong. There were UN sanctions in there, and then North Korea threatened to attack to US and THEN came fire and fury. I don't know at what point in the mix Guam was thrown in.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:45 am

Poor Guam. Leave Guam alone!

Threatening North Korea with nuclear annihilation seems a bit, I dunno, totally fucking crazy.

We can easily destroy much of N. Korea's government and military framework with "traditional" weapons. Using nukes would be incredibly stupid, and a pre-emptive nuclear strike would be a war crime America may never live down.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:15 am

Threatening a nuclear strike against anyone is irresponsible, frankly...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:47 pm

Lord Lord Lord I am not able on this. Stop the crazy, please stop the crazy. That is all.

Meanwhile, in other crazy person news, odd how supposed conspiracist Louise Mensch keeps turning out to have scooped the rest of the media by a few months on Trump-Russia. Not hearing her critics much now. We have to wait to get the accurate details but she has been basically correct, long ago, about a half dozen major things that surfaced recently.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:26 pm

Louise Mensch did not source her stories properly, and her reporting is poor, often missing vital details. Best not to pay her any mind. She may be correct on few things, but wrong on far more things.

Tread her info very carefully.

Clue in ancient Greece.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:32 pm

I don't trust her, I'm just saying I find it very interesting that she scooped several big stories about this investigation. How did she do that? She claims to have sources, but who are they? What kind of sources? She's obviously getting something even if the details turn out to be off. But there was a time when people totally poo-poohed the idea of things like grand juries being convened or search warrants being executed, and she was saying it roughly when it was happening or about to happen. So... I find her critics aren't saying much about that. I'd like to know what's up.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:52 pm

Russia is an expert at precisely this kind of thing. To subtly alter course of things, and fool a lot of people, you want media to report mostly correct stuff to win over trust, and occasionally post something that is somewhat off the mark in the way it favors Russia. Apparently, Russia has figure out what is the best ratio between real news and fake news such that they could influence the public.

That is precisely why you should not trust Louise Mensch. She could be throwing spaghetti and picking out what sticks and amplify it to the degree that people don't remember what she has gotten wrong.

You don't need too many people to convince to alter masses as whole.

Also, I am glaring in the direction of alt-left. They are guilty of the same.

Seriously, fuck nukes.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:39 pm

There are now three generals in his Cabinet: two Marines and one from the Army. I'm depending on these men to be the level headed ones for the balance of the Trump presidency.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."

Return to “Nerd Talk”