[OTAKU] Series Suggestion: School-Live!

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[OTAKU] Series Suggestion: School-Live!

Postby Zen » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:19 am

: This isn't a review, because in order to do a review, I would have to say things that would most likely spoil the fun of this show. So instead, I'm just going to suggest that you watch this show. Or, at the very least, give the first episode a try. It is available free of charge with commercials, or without commercials with a subscription, from Crunchyroll at the link above.

The only thing I will say about the show is this: if you watch the first episode, watch it until the end and watch it carefully. On the surface it appears to be a story about a school club consisting of four girls who actually live at the school, to teach them independent living and foster a sense of responsibility. It seems a ridiculous premise. They even have a dog that lives with them. But it isn't entirely out of the norm for cute, schoolgirl comedies in anime... However... just watch until the end...

The show just came on on DVD and BluRay recently, with an English Dub. I may very well pick it up so I can watch it dubbed. It was selected by Theron Martin, one of the better reviewers on the Anime News Network site, as the top Anime series of 2015, having come out in July 2015.

I'd love to know what other people think of it, in particular the first episode. Have any of you seen it?
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Re: [OTAKU] Series Suggestion: School-Live!

Postby FlameBlade » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:36 pm

Holy geez. Subtle. You could tell something is off in some places, like that stack of desks. Distribution of people in the school yards and so on.

The big reveal at the end is stomach-turning in some ways.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Re: [OTAKU] Series Suggestion: School-Live!

Postby Zen » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:41 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin

Return to “Nerd Talk”