Unbiased News

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Unbiased News

Postby Kyle » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:09 am

I'm sick of it on all sides. I guess I'm just going to rely on google news or ap and reuters.

So the republicans won a special House election in Georgia-- and did so with a not-close margin (4+ points). This is big news because the speculation was that the democrats were going to win, or only lose by a narrow-thin margin. But that didn't happen.

So when I wake up on Wednesday and go to CNN and NBCnews, there's only a small story on the front page reporting on it buried among other ones like- the kid that died in Korea. When I go to Fox News, of course, it's the top story and being given all the attention.

And rightfully so. I kind of believed that the "CNN and NBC are liberal biased" thing was horseshit. They certainly weren't right leaning, and like much of the media- I thought they were vehemently opposed to Trump's gross attempts to villainize the press. But this was legitimately big news that was being handled on their websites at the same level of Beyonce giving birth to twins. Give me a break.

So I guess I'm out.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Unbiased News

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:14 am

Are you sure about this? I mean, not that they're biased, but that they didn't have big stories on Georgia 6 and south Carolina the next day? Because I checked at least CNN for the quickie result report the next day and there was tons of reporting, crap think pieces, and the whole usual works. I was using my phone - maybe you get different page layouts? The crap think pieces were totally biased, but also were opinion pieces.

Return to “Nerd Talk”