What time is supper?

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

What time is supper?

Postby Mike » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:28 pm

Or whatever you call your evening meal?

I say 6pm for me. It could be as early as 5 or as late as 7:30, but between 6 and 6:30 is about perfect.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What's time is supper?

Postby Zen » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:38 pm

When it's ready to eat... sometime between 5:30 and 9:00...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: What's time is supper?

Postby Kyle » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:59 pm

6 or 6:30. But I've noticed that people without kids tend to eat much later- 7 or 8.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Re: What time is supper?

Postby Eliahad » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:39 pm

I tend to eat 'supper' around 8:30 or 9:00. Really. That tends to be time of breaks at evening rehearsals. Sometimes its 7, which is before rehearsals start...and then I'm just used to eating then, so that's when I eat dinner the rest of the time. I'd be curious to know what time y'all go to bed, too. My schedule is an 8:00 AM - Midnight sort of thing, which feels like I'm an hour or two removed from everyone else. So if I'm eating 2 hours later...it's because my entire "day" is shifted two hours later.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:45 pm

Kyle's right on the kids thing. Part of it is that if we don't have supper early, the kids will try to stuff themselves on junk ahead of time and then skip most of dinner.

But yeah, during the school year, our schedule is to wake up at 5:30 and run til 10:30 or a little after. My body wants to stay up until midnight every night, and I have to fight that.

If left to my own devices, I have breakfast at 6:30am before I go to work. Lunch at 11:15. Supper at 6pm.
Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:36 pm

Dinner is almost always between 6 and 6:30 here. The kids, especially the young one, won't eat if he's tired. He's an incredibly picky eater to begin with, but so am I, so that's not terribly surprising.

We try our hardest to get dinner on the table by 6:30. If it looks like it will be later, we'll usually feed the kids first, and then my wife and I can fend for ourselves.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:59 pm

We usually eat supper around 5:30. Sometimes it's later, or sometimes there are conflicts and everybody ends up eating on their own whenever they can.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:48 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:16 pm

Paul gets up at 4am so by 6 pm he's starting to wind down. We try to do dinner by 5:30 every night; I'm home between 5:20 and 5:30 most days so it works out. On the days that dinner falls later, like in the 6 o'clock range, it makes it hard for him to fall asleep by 8 or 8:30.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:09 pm

We tend to be between 7:30 and 8:30 most days of the week, as that's when Mrs Darcs gets home. However, with our schedules, it's not unheard of to have dinner as early as 5.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 pm

A few hours after work. That could quite literally be any time of day. Breakfast foods are also an acceptable lunch, dinner, or snack.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:27 pm

The arbitrary category of "breakfast foods" baffles and frustrates me. Breakfast foods are almost always the BEST foods and should be consumed without shame at any hour of day.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:09 am

Amen to that. Problem is, breakfast foods are not good for me losing weight. And when I buy a buttermilk to make pancakes with, I gotta use the whole thing, right? Which might mean banana bread, or muffins, or...

Dinner hour varies WILDLY these days. Anywhere from 5 to 8.

Return to “Nerd Talk”