SPOOOON!

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

SPOOOON!

Postby Kyle » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:46 am

Have you seen the new Tick? Have you? Go watch the pilot on Amazon- it's great! And even though I knew they greenlit a full season, I didn't know that it's coming in August:

Y'all! Oh my god, y'all! For reals!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: SPOOOON!

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:49 am

This is a novel and exciting take on the Tick. I'm eagerly anticipating the rest of the season.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:26 pm

OOOOH! in August! I look forward!!!! The pilot was awesome!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:45 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:01 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:06 am

Time to reveal my most hidden secret: The Tick was mostly pretty boring and "Meh" to me. In all its incarnations.

I've always understood the appeal, and I'm generally onboard for that sort of humor...but for whatever reason, it and I just never made the right neural connection.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:47 am

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:01 am

El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:13 pm

No, I didn't check it out. If it's not on Netflix or Youtube, it's also not something I'll be watching.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 pm

Amazon Prime
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:15 pm

Yeah, I have enough monthly income for one streaming source. That goes to Netflix by default, because seriously, never giving up the Marvel shows.

Return to “Nerd Talk”