Am I the only one that drinks water all day?

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Am I the only one that drinks water all day?

Postby Kyle » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:04 am

For real- I have a 40 ounce water bottle that I keep on my desk:

I fill this three times a day. I also piss a lot during the day. And then I realized- other people don't piss as much as I do- is it because they're not drinking something all day long? I just assume that if you're working a desk job that you do. But maybe not?

Are you not drinking something all day long?
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Am I the only one that drinks water all day?

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:20 am

I have a 1 liter CamelBak bottle, and usually have to fill it about twice a day. And when I first started doing that, I had to go to the bathroom quite often. But then I got used to it, and while I go a bit more frequently than when I don't drink water, it's not as often as it was when I first started. But I think you're just becoming an old man that has to pee all the time.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:22 am

I don't drink as much as that. I fill my 64 oz jug when I get to work, and usually I have it gone by the end of the day.

120 oz in 8 hours is just freakish.

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:23 am

I know that I SHOULD be, but I don't. I have a water bottle on my desk. I don't fill it as often as I should.

My dad had a policy when he was working that he never passed a drinking fountain at his work without taking a long drink, and he frequently had to go to other people's offices to talk to them back in the old days before we just sat on our a$$es all day and sent each other emails. (Yeah, he could have called them, but he was a face to face kind of person and liked to check on the people he supervised. That's how, for instance, he figured out why one of the accountants working under him had suddenly started turning in paperwork done with the credits and debits entirely swapped on the forms they used. He went to talk with him about it and realized that he and his office mate had changed their furniture around in their office since the last time he was there. Sure enough, this brilliant accountant had in his head that "credits were on the window side"... Evidently the college he got his degree from didn't cover concepts like "right" and "left"... :headslap:)

In any event, I should drink more...

EDIT: Oh, yeah... 600ml camelbak... And I've always had to pee all the time anyway...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:39 pm

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:22 pm

I pee a lot. Figure a gallon in fluids per day, with a relatively unsweaty lifestyle, and I'm probably generating 90-100 oz of urine daily. If I still had my pint+, Olympic-trained bladder, I could get away with peeing 6 times a day, but with my ordinary mortal bladder, it's more like 10 or 11.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:55 pm

Your current title couldn't be more appropriate.

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Damn right!

Good catch.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:56 pm

:horrified:

This whole thread. The amount of peeing! Good lord.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:18 pm

Yes, yes you are. Because only people who like the taste of that awful, toxic mess known as water also like Suicide Squad.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:20 am

I drink just under 2 liters a day on doctor's orders. My body likes to make kidney stones, so I try and flush my kidneys out as much as possible. I have a crazy bladder that holds a lot - about 40 oz. I pee maybe 4 or 5 times in a 24 hour period.

Return to “Nerd Talk”