[Movie] Guardians 2 *SPOILER TALK*

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

[Movie] Guardians 2 *SPOILER TALK*

Postby Kyle » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:39 am

I watched Guardians of the Galaxy Chapter 2 and it was DELIGHTFUL.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: [Movie] Guardians 2 *SPOILER TALK*

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:43 am

Thoroughly entertained.

And from the previews, I thought that maybe they were going a little over the top with Drax (and maybe they did), but in the end, I loved him. [spoiler][/spoiler]

It was fun, and different, and while I had a couple of minor complaints, they didn't detract from my experience.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:51 am

First of all- it's a spoiler thread, so don't hide your spoilers.

Secondly- I agree with you about Drax. In another movie, it may have been too over the top, but I think it was played note-perfect.

In a movie where I thought they handled the main and secondary characters great-- I mean, why am I caring about Yondo's second-in-command (who I think was played by James Gunn's brother)? But I did. Shouldn't baby Groot jokes have gotten old? They didn't! Am I actually buying this family/sibling bond crap between Nebula and Gamora? I am!

My only complaint was the handling of Rocket- it was a bit too maudlin for his character, but I understand what they were going for. The end just missed by the slightest of margins for me with his character.

Also- because it was far more tongue-in-cheek-- or maybe just "more of what I liked about the first one"-- I think I'd put this one slightly below the first. But I acknowledge that's just an expectation thing. I had no idea what I was going in to with the first one, and this one I got exactly what I wanted.

My wife's only complaint was that she didn't like the sad ending-- to her it felt like it was setting itself up too much as a "middle" movie. And while I see her point, that didn't bother me.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:16 pm

All of those points are spot-on. My only complaint is that I didn't think we needed the mass drone battle at the end. I get that we have to introduce the Sovereign AND we need to piss them off, because Adam Warlock is crucial for the Infinity War, but... so many Marvel movies have ended with an all-out battle of the heroes vs. swarms of disposable, low-level minions. But it was still pretty badass.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:06 pm

You know what's weird? I was so into the movie, I didn't even realize that's what they were doing. Well done, Marvel-formula movie!
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby FlameBlade » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:21 pm

My biggest problem with the show is that Quill barely wrestled with the concept of having divinelike powers. The chance of wrestling was just taken away with a rather dumb mention of his mother dying. Could be done better.

Body count is just nuts.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.

Return to “Nerd Talk”